Notices

Fuel Press.

Old 07-09-2003, 08:52 PM
KENNY

Default Fuel Press.

I have a mallory marine elec. fuel pump and mallory reg. going to
a holley 1050 dom. carb. I set fuel press. to 8psi when i first installed the set up,after taking it for a quick ride and checking for
leaks the press. was up to 9.5 psi no flooding of carb. after lowering it back to 7 and riding for awhile it dropped to about 5psi so i reset it to 8psi and left it there.The next time i started the boat the gauge showed 12psi and the carb was not dumping?????? Just tried another gauge and it reads the same thing 12psi at idle and about 8 at full throttle.How can the carb hold 12 pounds without blowing the needle off the seat. Also
now when i try to adjust the pressure with the set screw it does not change,had the screw all the way in and almost falling out,
still says 12psi.both gauges. Any ideas.

Old 07-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Kenny, I've got the 1050 Dominator Holley that is fed 12psi via the fuel pressure gauge, It runs great. Loads up on me from time to time while idling but sounds normal to me.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:37 PM
bobby daniels

Kenny how old is that regulator ?? sometimes they do go bad and do just what your discribing ?

Old 07-10-2003, 06:23 PM
KENNY

Hi Guys

Force29 i spoke with holley and they said that a new carb or new needle and seat could hold 12 psi for a while, they don't recommend it and said it will start to flood,no more then 71/2 pounds.

Bobby the pump and regulator are about 2 weeks old, i called mallory and they told me to check the by pass in the pump,
also to open up the reg. and check the o ring on the bottom of the diaphragm.
As soon as i can get a chance to check it out i will let you know what i find.

Old 07-11-2003, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Kenny, I'm going to have to look into that.
Good Info from Holley