K-Plane Hydraulic Pump >

K-Plane Hydraulic Pump

Notices

K-Plane Hydraulic Pump

Old 07-09-2003, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default K-Plane Hydraulic Pump

I am running Kiekhaefer K-Planes 380 Series with Competition Duty Hydraulic Pump and Valve.

I had a hose deteriorate and crack causing the fluid to be pumped out of the hose when the switch is depressed.

The hose is on the outside of the boat on the K-Plane that threads into the cylinder. I removed the hose and plan on taking it to a local business to have a replacement made.

My Question is:
On the center of the pump there is a plug that can be removed with a flat screw driver that produces a dipstick to check the fluid level. Do I just pour the Dextron ATF (what it says to use on the side of the pump) in this small hole until the level shows full?
Then operate the tab and re-check the level.

Does it need bled in some way? If so how.

I am worried that some water may have been introduced into the system when I was operating the tab before realizing the hose was leaking.

Thanks,
Cordell
Old 07-10-2003, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cordell, the pumps bleed themselves just fil and raise and lower a few times and you will hear the difference, as far as the water you can suck out all the old oil first then refill with fresh.

As for the hose if it is one of the two short ones on the outside, BE DAMN SURE that the hydraulic shop uses stainless fittings, and double flared ends are a plus too. I learned the hard way, if you arent in a huge hurry call Doller Offshore and ask for Dana they will send you a full stainless, rubber coated, double flared hose. for $30+ shipping, thats the same price as you will pay at most hydraulic shops, and it is a lot better quality hose overall
If you buy from Doller, be sure to mention an OSO discount.

Are you going to do the Eastside Poker Run next weekend?
Old 07-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Registered

Cordell yes fill the pump at the small dip stick hole.System is self bleeding, cycle up and down untill it sounds like all air is removed
good luck
Old 07-10-2003, 10:52 AM
Registered

Forget about having a local place make one. These are standard items in stock at any good dealer.
Gary
Old 07-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. I just got home from spending the afternoon running around from automotive to hydraulic shops and no one can make anything that small. I stopped at a local boat dealer and had them order me the hose.

Thrill,
I'm not going to make the poker run, I made a prior commitment. I'm going to try and leave that date open for next year.

Have fun,
Cordell
Old 07-10-2003, 06:04 PM
Banned

I had four made at Goodyear at a whopping $47 each. The $30 sounds great.