Old 07-19-2003, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mark, I hope it works out for you,
Mark
Old 07-19-2003, 04:39 PM
Registered

Formulafastech, wake up! Power Marine, Blown 1500, Ambusher, Bobby Daniels, and whatever other name they are using, are all the same group at Power Marine (also are related to each other). They post comments backing each other up to pull business into their shop. I'm the guy that Mark referred to about whipple blower motors being done by Power Marine. I found them from an ad they had placed in OSO classifieds. Mark's story is just a "cliff notes" version of the 6 month experience I had with them. They are the most dishonest marine people I have ever dealt with. I have 12 pages of documented conversations and actions, and yes I had to consult an Attorney in Charlotte too. You want just one example, I sent $18.8K to Robert Horne to purchase my Whipple Systems, and other parts to build the motors. When I pulled my 42 Fountain 9 hours to Charlotte to get the work done, he had not ordered any parts and they didn't even have a shop! My boat sat outside on a gravel landing at Ambusher's house. I questioned Robert Horne about the money and believe he lived on my money instead of purchasing my parts. After my 4th trip (6 mos later) to Charlotte, I finally left with my boat. Yes, he did "bone" Dustin Whipple. When I finally got my boat home (after taking it to Fountain for other work and to fix problems from Power Marine), my computers needed re-programming. I contacted Whipple, and found out Power Marine never paid Whipple for my supercharger systems and they were holding my computers (now you know what the Blown 1500 vs. Dustin Whipple thread was about). I worked everything out with Dustin and don't know what they did with Power Marine. My point is, they have burned quite a few people as Mark said. I never posted anything to trash them publically but did respond to people who requested a reference. I wish someone had done this for me before I ever let them touch my boat. It makes me sick to watch them manipulate people on this site and Fastboats.com.
Old 07-19-2003, 05:34 PM
Registered

Formulafastech, same old adage, # of posts determines if someone's experiences are "valid". If you read my post closely, you would have understood that when I took my boat there, they did not have a shop although they told me they did. Yes, they now have a shop.
I posted strictly because you challenged the validity of Mark's situation being "only one person's experience and no one else has posted. As stated in my post, I normally won't post negative experiences unless requested. Mark requested the guy that had blower motors done to respond. Again, have you had Power Marine work on your boat? If not, why are you challenging people that have specific experience with them? All you have is the "internet" experience of asking questions. Your inquiry about my OSO membership and # of posts....is this the best argument for them you have? Many, many members monitor OSO without posting much. I post only if I have something I feel is beneficial to other members, not a bunch of "anything" posts to boost a post ticker. I buy items from the OSO store too. Did you know that? No, again making statements with limited information.
Old 07-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Registered

Formulafastech,
One other thing, you mention Power Marine is Robert Horne that didn't pay Whipple? Do you know who really owns Power Marine? Do some "real" detective work....you might be suprised you again only know 1/2 the story.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Someone that did that to me would never touch my property again.....
Old 07-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Registered

Formulafastech,
For sake of argument, let's just hope Mark gets taken care of on Monday. I understand your statement that you are not defending Power Marine or Robert Horne, but I want you to understand that Power Marine is not just Robert Horne. It is all of those listed in my first post. I spent 6 initmate months with this group, Robert does not call the final shots there, Jack does. When Jack's boat breaks or he needs something, customers' boats immediately become second priority, regardless of how long they have been there. I experienced this firsthand, as did the customer before me who's boat was there 6 months too. Regardless of how the Power Marine paperwork is set up, the owner is clear. My first email from Jack Bailey instructed me to call Robert Horne about the Whipple systems and stated "WE" are Whipple dealers and can warranty them.
The timing of my post is not after-the-fact. I only posted now because Mark requested it and you indicated this is only one incident out of 10,000 OSO members. I have handled other requests through PMs, not publically. My guess is, for OSO to ban them from the board, they were being monitored even before Mark's incident.
If you have connections to Jack, help Mark out.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:00 AM
Banned

Just for my own information, can a person order directly from Whipple and have it sent to where the work is being done? If so, this would eliminate the chances of someone "living off" your Whipple money.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:44 PM
Registered

Formulafastech,

Try the PM now.

Cuda,
I'm not sure if you can purchase your Whipple system independently or not if they have a dealer nearby. Dustin would be the one to answer that.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can buy directly from Whipple, but you'll pay full retail. You can get a little better deal if you buy from a reputable dealer such as Tyler Crockett, Teague, CP performance, etc.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark, I hope you get everything worked out. I remember we visited a time or two when you started this project. Anything I can do to help you out let me know.

Bob

Quick Reply: BEWARE of Power Marine and Blown1500

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.