Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Where is a good place to get some prop work done? >

Where is a good place to get some prop work done?

Notices

Where is a good place to get some prop work done?

Old 08-15-2003, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats funny, Halls took my props, labbed them and had them back to me in a week. The props needed more pitch after labbing so I brought them back on a monday and had them back on thursday.......... Sure your callin the right number??
Old 08-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Mike @ Hall Prop. did a great job and turn around was about a week and a half and that included shipping.

I wiould give him a call
Old 08-16-2003, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

THROTTLE-UP

I think that most of the racers use Throttle-up,that should tell you something.
Old 08-16-2003, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

BajaBuddy,

Lots to choose from here----obviously their are guys here who're happy with the results they have gotten. I'm sure evey prop shop has had a disappointed customer now and then. Tommy from Warlock Performance Marine in California told me about John York at York Propeller. Tommy told me he has found York Propeller to be the best and most consistant of the props that they have tried. He said they have tried a lot of the well known prop shops when it comes to lab finishing to see who can lab the best wheels and run them on their customers boats. York does not advertise---I guess he doesn't really need to. He too does a lot of race boat props as well.

Tommy told me Lake-X (a few years ago) was testing several lab finished props from any of the prop shops that participated. I know it's not a perfect world, but York took 1st, Merc came in second. York is about HALF the price of a Merc labbed prop!

It's good that you are shopping around and asking questions. If you'd like to talk to Tommy (he works for Tom Stolarz at WPM) and ask some questions about who's props he has tried to get the most out of all his customer's boats, he is friendly and will be glad to answer your questions. 909-371-7567

It's utimately your choice and whoever you choose to do your props I hope it goes well for you and your boat. Have fun!

Last edited by KAAMA; 08-16-2003 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I haven't found anybody in the St. Louis area, where I live, that I have been happy with and was hoping that someone could suggest a shop out of town. I appreciate everyone's responses.