Ballistic Propellers >

Ballistic Propellers

Notices

Ballistic Propellers

Old 08-14-2003, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Ballistic Propellers

has anyone used them? suppose to work well on most boats, I was thinking of buying one for mine it's Four Winns 211 Liberator w/300HP 350, would this work well on this type of hull? I am looking for top end speed, the boat is very fast out of the hole even with a heavy load
Old 08-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exellent Props!!! Not many people have tried them because they are not Hydromotives or Mercury's..Yet the people who have really had good results with them...I think MoPower used them on his Liberator and had the best results using them...PM him and ask him about them...I get better slip numbers and acceleration on my Ballistic than out of my Mirage Plus by far....I have been told that based on their design they are actually 1-2" higher than prop's of the same pitch. I have found this to be true on mine...What size are you looking for? I might have one laying around I don't use anymore. I am using a 17" actually came out to almost a 19. That I had reworked. I really like the prop....

BH
Old 08-14-2003, 04:57 PM
Registered

i was looking at these props two do the ones you have have the vent holes in the hub?
Old 08-14-2003, 08:24 PM
Registered

Originally posted by mikev
i was looking at these props two do the ones you have have the vent holes in the hub?
No vent holes...They also are available in a 4blade now also....Attwood used to make them and had the patent. Michigan Wheel bought the patent and now tout it as their top performance prop.....

BH
Old 08-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Mark,
I did have a 21" ballistic on my 211 Liberator but I had a 460 Ford and OMC with 1.43 gears. This worked better than anything else I tried. Mine withe 460 tended to be a bit doggie getting on plane. The Ballistic was a help.
Trailer Boat mag did a test one 13 different props a few years back and the Ballistic was the fastest and the second best holeshot. The three blade approached four blades for efficency. All in all they scored very high. I was very happy with mine, Later I bored and stroked a 460 to 540 and tried a 25" Ballistic.
Didn't have a GPS at the time but could easily bury the 80 mph speedo.
One reason they work well is , if you look at the blades they are much thinner than a Mirage. Almost like a factory lab job. The thinner blades create less drag and more go.
Best part of all they LQQK neat

Last edited by mopower; 08-14-2003 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:50 AM
Registered

thanks for the replies,Bad habbiot I am looking for a 21" I am currently running a 19" OMC viper (5500 RPM, too high) that has been reconditioned and seen better times, Mopower I changed the gear ratio in my drive to 1.65 because it was kind of hard to find performance props in a low enough pitch for the OMC drive, so are you saying a 21" would run like a 23"
Old 08-15-2003, 07:34 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Got one 23" that is

Last edited by mopower; 08-15-2003 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:03 AM
JON242

I've used Ballistic props for about six years and like them alot. They seem to get dinged up easier than some other props but the performance is very good. I don't know if this is true but a guy that repairs props told me that alot of times Ballistic props couldn't be repaired because they used inferior steel, but like I said I like them.

Old 08-25-2003, 12:39 PM
Registered

Default Ballastic props

Yes,they seem to run really well because they have a good bld design as well as very thin and are normaly limited to 3 repairs,Just depends on the damage,the Ballastic four bld is another good performing prop as well./Darin
Old 08-25-2003, 04:35 PM
Registered

Have someone tried ballistics on a heavier boat, around 38 feet? Had one on a smaller boat and I liked it.

/Torbjorn

Quick Reply: Ballistic Propellers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.