Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
question for dennis moore? >

question for dennis moore?

Notices

question for dennis moore?

Old 09-15-2003, 07:35 AM
hauling ass-a

Default question for dennis moore?

Thank you for your help, I was wondering a 502 has 415 hp, the 500 is the same block. If i have my ecm changed to a 500 setting add your cam and roller rockers then i should be near 500hp. I'am afraid if i change the cam nobody will be able to re-map the computer. Called teague marine to order the parts and they said not to mess with the computer stuff, it will not work. That is why i need your input THANKS AGAIN. PAUL

Old 09-15-2003, 11:17 AM
Dennis Moore

Hi Paul,

The best way to go about modifying your EFI engine is to deal with someone that can reprogram your EFI and suggest the modifications that should accompany it. They will have certain camshafts and exhaust systems that they have found works with their ECM programs.

Arizona Speed and Marine (for instance) can give you recommendations on different combinations that they have developed for 502 EFI engines.

In other words, there are quite a few companies that have already put together some nice packages for mods on this engine. You don't need to reinvent the wheel!
Dennis Moore