Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Swap the ECM's from side to side,
see if the idle condition follows the
ECM

just a thoought.

jt
Old 09-26-2003, 06:06 PM
TeamSonic42

Good info guys....I will pass the info on/have him log on. The swap is a good idea !

Old 05-23-2004, 02:38 PM
breen

Default Re: 500efi troubles

I have a pair if 1999 500hp's (carb). The alarms go off after a hard run, then quiet after a couple minutes at idle. Both engines do it. All gauges show normal, and drive bottles are full. I'm stumped! I unplugged the drive bottles....didn't help.

What now???

Help?

Old 05-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by John B
My outdrive oil level did this. The level was going down at upper rpm. I just filled it to the max and it went away!
If your gasket is missing on your outdrive res. cap, it'll throw the oil out at rpm (due to pressure). ie: if you have oil in the bilge... that's most likely your problem.

i'm not a mechanic, so hopefully my "non-techie" comments were understood.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:43 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by breen
I have a pair if 1999 500hp's (carb). The alarms go off after a hard run, then quiet after a couple minutes at idle. Both engines do it. All gauges show normal, and drive bottles are full. I'm stumped! I unplugged the drive bottles....didn't help.

What now???

Help?
what are your volt meters showing at high rpm's? if dropping, or spiking, check your alt. connections. possibly a bad wire or connector.

if not, unplut each of the three sensors to narrow the scope of your problem. i'd bet your senders or connection(s) to senders are bad.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:43 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

What now???

Help?
what are your volt meters showing at high rpm's? if dropping, or spiking, check your alt. connections. possibly a bad wire or connector.

if not, unplut each of the three sensors to narrow the scope of your problem. i'd bet your senders or connection(s) to senders are bad.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:45 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

What now???

Help?
what are your volt meters showing at high rpm's? if dropping, or spiking, check your alt. connections. possibly a bad wire, connector, or best bet --alternator.