Notices

ProChargers

Old 01-05-2002, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nihi,

Whipple and Pro Charger each have their advantages from what I've learned about them.

I know that Kanookstrs 230 SX Stingray went from 72-74 GPS with a stock 502 to 87+ GPS once he Pro Charged it! If ya still have the Liberator then I'd think 10 additional MPH is a conservative figure with that hull.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: ZP'd ]

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: ZP'd ]
Old 01-05-2002, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Niuhi,
Here is something else to consider if you go the N.A. motor route. In order to get the 550-600 hp its going to take to move your boat 10-15 mph faster you will have to make other changes such as exhaust system and also some loss in drivability. In order for a N.A. motor to make that kind of H.P. its got to have a fairly good sized cam and compression ratio. I am no expert here but you need to also talk to guys on the board with big inch motors to see how they run. One of the best things I like about a blower setup is that when I am idling through a no wake zone or the marina my silent choice is closed and its nice and quiet.When it's time to go I just hit the LOUD switch and I am off. That is why I went the blower route--kinda get the best of both worlds--Runs like a stocker then kick it and it runs like a rocker!!

Good luck whichever route you go. Trust me when I tell you that driving the same boat with over 250 more H.P. under the hatch is a blast.
Old 01-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

If your at all familiar with the Liberator I have the side exhaust. This creates headaches all by itself. I have bends up the wazzu. Either way I'm going to have to do something with the exhaust. I will probably wait until this summer to decide since I start school Monday. My friend Loren (the mechanic) brought up what seems to me a valid point. If I put the ProCharger on my Mag (even with the heavier internals) I'm asking the thing to do what it wasn't designed to do. By going with say a 540, I am getting a motor with the same kinda power but substantily heavier components. Thus adding to the reliability and temperment. So many choices, so little time.

Hawaii no ka 'oi
Old 01-05-2002, 01:07 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Oh and Live Wire the Crownline thing wasn't meant as a slam on your guys's boats. Just sucks to race a family type boat and not be able to pull away from it . Thank God he didn't rub my nose in it.

Hawaii no ka 'oi
Old 01-05-2002, 01:27 PM
Registered

I have done both...I sold my procharger and went NA, but if I had a new injected motor...I would definetly go with a whipple !
Dustin is very helpful,even if you are using someone else's product.

Good luck whichever way you go.
Old 01-05-2002, 01:47 PM
Mike Shaak

Niuhi, No slam taken, Crownline doesn't have that go fast rep. But the 225 is there sportiest looking boat, much like a Baja. Matter of fact, most people don't know what it is. Mine is all yellow, and looks fast sitting still, and with the 496, it has plenty of attitude. Crownline stopped making the 225 closed bow, so mine one of only a few made, maybe the only one, in all yellow. I love to race! I don't care if I win or not, as long as I have fun, and get to shoot the bull afterwards.

I have 2 more yrs on the warinty, then I might look for some goodies too.

Old 01-05-2002, 03:11 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

That's something I love to hear. People going outside the box and getting wild with the colors. I'd love to see a pic of your boat. I'm kinda stuck with white at the moment so when I had the interior done it was done a solid bright lipstick red. I get more comments. Still have the carpet to do, but I'll have it in before it warms up.

Hawaii no ka 'oi
Old 01-05-2002, 03:49 PM
Registered

Niuhi,

Duuno bout you, but swinging a 540 out of this pocketbook would require taking out a second mortage on the house! Now a blower and a couple used engines standing by is possible.
Old 01-05-2002, 03:56 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

ZP'd, 540 from www.1800runsnew.com/ out the door $7900, carb to pan. Loren showed me the receipt. Now if you sell your motor and you have a mag you can get some of that back. Not to bad, not to mention 0 hours.

Hawaii no ka 'oi
Old 01-05-2002, 05:27 PM
Mike Shaak

Niuhi, When I get my scanner fixed and up and running, I'd be more than happy to e-mail you a pic or two. Oh, by the way, I like the looks of the liberator, nice boat.

Quick Reply: ProChargers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.