pressure/leak test headers

Notices

pressure/leak test headers

Old 09-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jrz

jrz,
I just got a new set of CMI's , what kind of warranty do they carry? I run in salt 100%, should I drain the header after flushing? Even after my old headers cracked, I still wanted CMI"s, they are pretty & compared to my old set I can see that they are even better now than before especially the clearance between the valve cover & collector.
Thanks John
Old 09-25-2003, 11:21 AM
jrz
Registered

To Bob T , some issues are developing concerning non oem silent choice systems that are not long enough internally to prevent reversion. The results from high egt's and salt sprays are devastating to many grades of stainless. We are doing many tests on different alloys (2205 Duplex, AL-6XN,and INCO 625 ) all of these have many cost to durability concerns.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:30 AM
jrz
Registered

To Johno, the warranty differs with many of the products, the salesperson or dealer should be able to help you with any questions. Longevity differs depending on the type of use, and the care, but we see many headers go way beyond the life of the block and heads on several engines. Some up to 11 years.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Registered

Default Draining header after use?

JRZ,
Should the header be drained after flushing? My last header cracked & filled my #7 cylinder /exhaust port full of water. I was lucky that I came across this problem before I bent a rod. If I don't drain, it should't corrode as quick due to lack of air(oxygen), however if drained it would be exposed to the elements.
your thoughts on this?
Thanks John
Whats the factory warranty on CMI headers? Is there a warranty? Stainless marine offers a 5 year warranty& CMI?