Procharger/ R-Tech Supercooler >

Procharger/ R-Tech Supercooler

Notices

Procharger/ R-Tech Supercooler

Old 10-02-2003, 08:59 AM
jrz
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should probably pay more attention when my engines are being built. Iwas more involved with the J trim and air filter clearing long tube headers with silent choice. The engine was done at Energized Fuel Injection, I can get the specifics from Tim if needed. l
Old 10-02-2003, 09:00 AM
jrz
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way how is your'e display for SEMA going?
Old 10-02-2003, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Sean: I should get the 500MPI manifold next week. Isn't the base of the manifold the same as the HP500EFI? What I have in mind should work for both. Prototype won't get built until November due to manufacturing of first boxes and prep for SEMA. Send me a PM, lost your number. Love to try it on the Eliminator, got a good drive?

jrz: I'm glad you're hooked up with Tim. If my design works we will need him to figure out the computer.

I just got my SEMA exhibitor manual - 2" thick. We are displaying in the performance marine section and entering the new products competition where you get a showcase for every category entered. We may also be displaying an OSO member's truck, trailer and boat with the Rtech system installed in the performance marine pavillion outside.

SEMA stands for Send Extra Money Away.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well Tom, I don't think the black hawk would handle a blower but I know where I can borrow a drive if needed.
The shop # is 416-233-5110.
Sean
Old 10-03-2003, 06:47 AM
Registered

As soon as I get the MPI manifold and it looks like a good design will fit I will give you a call. I would like to look at the HP500EFI engine for interferences etc.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom I dont think the base is the same? I think the 500 hp efi is a straight shot vs the cross over style of the 502 mpi. Mag. I've got the stuff in boxes and will be shipping soon. Greg
Old 10-04-2003, 10:14 AM
Registered

That's great Greg, I look forward to getting them. I got some Merc schematics that make the two intakes look very similar except for the throttle body mounting. There may be minor differences in the patttern of the ports that project into the upper plenum but I could work around that with minor differences in my base plate. For manufacturing cost reasons I would use the same Rtech upper plenum and intercooler.

We are going to be in Booth #13133 at SEMA just down the aisle from Arizona Speed and Marine and directly facing the New Products Showcase area. We are entered into the Best Engineered category. Not expecting any awards, but we get to display the supercooler in a separate glass showcase so it's worth it for the exposure.

Any one going to the big show?
Old 10-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Tom, I'd love to go. What is your display going to be? The motor on a stand with your system bolted on?

Is there room on the back of the engine for a bravo bellhousing and inner transom plate which would bolt to an extension box which is all painted with the sides cut out to see the innerds and with two guages mounted on it? What would it cost to have this attached to your display? Marty.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Registered

Marty:

The engine stand we are using doesn't allow anything to be bolted on the back and our booth is going to be pretty full with the plastic engine, pop-up display, separate "as seen in F&PB" sign etc. But you should be displaying the on board dyno at the show in your own booth. You should also be entering it in the New Product Showcase. It may be too late to be eligible for judging (entry by Oct 3) but it is still worth entering because of the extra display exposure you get in the showcase.

There are still a few 10' X 10' booths in the Performance Marine section. Check out semashow.com for details. To become a member of SEMA costs $350 but you get almost that much off the booth cost as a member so it is well worth it. Call me and I can give you the info we have learned.

When you build your Bravo/box display, note that the line of sight requirements at SEMA restrict the height of the display to 4'. We had to use a low engine (floor) stand that puts the top of the box at waist height.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:16 AM
Registered

I'm taking two complete polished kits to Las Vegas for the show. Anyone out west interested in buying these kits after the show should contact me at (416) 709-8714. Since this will save me the trouble and cost of carrying them home I will discount the price.

This is not a finished installation, but it does show how the Vortech compressor blows straight into the side of the box as opposed to the little dogleg needed with the Procharger. If you have Gil or similar exhaust the Vortech flame arrester will fit. If you have CMI elbow tops, this flame arrester won't fit. I am working on a different base plate that will use the same filter and cap and fit either Gil or CMI.
Attached Thumbnails Procharger/ R-Tech Supercooler-black-port-iso-close.jpg  

Last edited by tomcat; 10-07-2003 at 09:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Procharger/ R-Tech Supercooler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.