Switchable Exhaust Muffler Tips >

Switchable Exhaust Muffler Tips

Notices

Switchable Exhaust Muffler Tips

Old 12-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switchable Exhaust Muffler Tips

Who's are the best. Looking at Teagues and Eddie Marines. Any opinions on value, durability, dB reduction, perfomance, looks, intall ease, etc. would be appreciated.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:38 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

I run the teagues!!! had no problems for 1 seasons. It kills the sound more than I ever expected. The only thing I did different was to use two 30 amp relays from radio Shack instead of the two starter solenoids that teague, corsa, and all the others use. I don't know why they use those stupid things. There not designed to stay energized for long periods of time, and end up burning out very quick. the smaller relays of the same amps and volts are designed to stay on.!!
Good luck
Old 12-01-2003, 07:11 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

I also use the Teagues'. They work great. My solenoid burned out also. I was a little apprehensive when it came to cutting the holes in my transom from 4" to 4 1/2" but it ended up being fairly easy.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Kanookstr
I run the teagues!!! had no problems for 1 seasons. It kills the sound more than I ever expected. The only thing I did different was to use two 30 amp relays from radio Shack instead of the two starter solenoids that teague, corsa, and all the others use. I don't know why they use those stupid things. There not designed to stay energized for long periods of time, and end up burning out very quick. the smaller relays of the same amps and volts are designed to stay on.!!
Good luck
Can you describe this in a bit more detail? Would love to see some pix. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:59 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Sure, the starter solenoids will burn out especially if left on for more than a few minutes because there not designed for continuous use. A relay is designed for such a thing. And to top it off, it's only $5.00 or so compaired to the cost of a solenoid which is usually $15.00 +. here is the link to the ones sold at radio shack.30 amp relay
good luck
Old 12-01-2003, 08:36 PM
Registered

I have the Teague's also. They kill the noise ALOT while running, some while idling. I'm very happy with them. Haven't had the burnout problem yet tho...... i suppose that's coming

drilling the 4.5 inch hole in your boat will make ya cringe.! It wasn't bad, but it sure is scary holding that monster hole saw up to the transom....!
Old 12-02-2003, 04:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Be sure to look at the inside diameter. The eddies and smaller then teaques.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

The Teagues run a full 4" id through them. That's why they are 4.5" od. I have not burned out the solinoid yet, but I did have one of the actuator brackets break off at the weld. Teague asked that I send the tips back but has not offered to cover them. They want the tips first. I'm going to have them brace the bracket to eliminate a vibration that was the source of the failure. When the actuator fell apart it overheated and boiled the epoxy. This resulted in a rather impressive smoke show. I also had a small drip from the shaft bushings. Teague said that this was due to the tips being over heated. Thats possible as I did lose a waterpump and turned them a light golden color. When I first ordered the tips I sent a sample of how I needed them manufactured. Despite extensive conversations, they did not come that way. I had to modify them to fit my freeky application. Other than those problems, I'm very impressed with the mufflers.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Registered

I have two pair of CMI for 4.5" , like new, never installed the pump ect. Give me a call if interested. $2500.00. Paul 443-506-7577 e-mail [email protected]
Old 12-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Registered

They are clamp on style.

Quick Reply: Switchable Exhaust Muffler Tips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.