Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
AFB to Holley carb swap, need info. >

AFB to Holley carb swap, need info.

Notices

AFB to Holley carb swap, need info.

Old 01-27-2002, 06:47 PM
voodoo

Post AFB to Holley carb swap, need info.

I am switching engines and in the process will be going from an AFB style carb to a Holley 830 DP. Will the throttle cable bracket still work that came with the engine? It bolts across the back two carb mounting bolts and also holds the Mercathode electronics. If not, what do I need to buy, and will the Mercathode need to be remounted? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-27-2002, 11:45 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts
The throttle cable bracket will not work. You will have to get one that bolts to the side bolts. I did the same switch last year and got mine from EMI. They have different kinds and colors and a morse cable adapter that is sold separate. With shipping it was only about $40. I did have to do a little grinding to fit it around the front accelerator pump arm. Summit also sells some, but EMI's looked better and cost less.
As far as the mercathode, mine was mounted on a bracket with my water sep. filter and didn't need to be moved. I f yours is monted on the throttle bracket, then you will probably have to move it or make a bracket.