Mechanical Fuel Presure gages ?? >

Mechanical Fuel Presure gages ??

Notices

Mechanical Fuel Presure gages ??

Old 02-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mechanical Fuel Presure gages ??

Has any body ran a Mechanical fuel pressure gage in your boat dash? Meaning running a fuel pressure hose up the the gage ,Maybe the blue areoquip fuel pressure hose?I have the Gaffrig livorsi gage's in my dash one is off 7 psi and the other is 16psi off. I have been told that livorsi can calibrate the sender with the gage ?.might be easier to buy new gages? I have always been told that the electric gages never read right anyway.Anybody out there running them?

I know we don't do it in my race cars because of a chance of fuel leak inside of the car.And all the racing organizations want let you. On one car I have the isolators and they are NOT accurate, the other car has the Autometer electric gages in it they seem to be pretty good but were over 200.00 when they first came out.

There is a boat shop here that installs pro chargers and only uses Mechanical gages .

Fire Fire Fire???

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't suggest running a pressurized fuel line to the instrument panel. Same reason you don't do it in a car.
I'd have them mounted in the engine compartment and use electric gauges up front.
You say the current gauges are off and not by the same amount? Try changing senders and if that doesn't work get a qualified tech to calibrate the gauges along with the senders.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gaffrig will calibrate the gauges for you cheaply.... no need to replace. I also rum mechanical gauges on the engine but NEVER in the dash... same reasons above.
Probably cost $20-25 per gauge to Gaffrig to fix the problem. I have never seen a gauge that far off with the proper senders.... doesn't seem kosher. Send to Gaffrig.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have run mechanical fuel pressure gauges in 2 boats. $36 for 20' 1500psi rated braided line and it's ALWAYS accurate. Have seen too many electric gauges read inaccurate. "Risk" of a hose leak is minute.