Bravo Gimbal Ring Repair >

Bravo Gimbal Ring Repair

Notices

Bravo Gimbal Ring Repair

Old 11-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Bravo Gimbal Ring Repair

I want to fix this the easiest way possible, I don't want to pull my engine or even lift it. I'm hoping I don't even need to re-align it!
Old 11-11-2004, 10:18 AM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

I Agree When Motor Is Out Why Drill Or Cut Holes. You Can Work With It On The Bench. It's A Little Harder To Feel The Up & Down Play I Set Them Up A On The Low Side. Oem Sec Is .002-.010 You Really Need To Hold This Spec So Your Working Unit Will Last Longer. And Also Oem Recommends To Retorque U Bolt 2 Times A Year. This Is Why Most Rings Slop Out. The U Bolt Loses Torque And Ring Will Slop Out. Rb
Old 11-11-2004, 10:20 AM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

If You Don't Pull Motor My Way Is The Way To Go.
Ron Bender
Old 11-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Registered

Ron before I call you, can you email or fax your cuttout template so I can remove my gimbal ring, send it to you and have you send me a rebuilt ring and the plate kit?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:39 AM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Chad Your Plate & Tools Shipped On Thursday. You Should Have No Later Than Monday. Call Me If You Need Any Help. Ron Bender
Old 11-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BIGJIM
I don't mean to jump in on your thread, but I have a question on the same subject. I have the engine out right now. Would it be just as easy to remove the entire assembly instead of drilling holes?
Having done it both ways, If you have the engine out already, Id pull the transom assembly off and do it the easy way.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WILDTHING TAZ
IT'S MUCH EASIER MY WAY VS. THE SIDE HOLES. PROB. ABOUT 5 HRS QUICKER AND LESS SCREAMING & SWEARING. YOU WILL BE WORKING THRU 2 1 INCH SIDE HOLES WITH A HAMMER & A PUNCH THE OEM WAY OR WITH A SET OF WRENCHES MY WAY. ONCE YOU DO ONE TIME AVERAGE FOR TO REMOVE RING & REPLACE IS LESS THAN 1 HOUR. THE FIRST ONE ALWAYS TAKES A LITTLE LONGER TILL YOU SEE WHATS GOING ON. MY WEB SITE SHOWS YOU PHOTOS AND EACH STEP IN ORDER HOW TO DO IT. WE ALSO CARRY ALL THE OTHER OEM PARTS YOU WILL NEED TO FINISH THE JOB.ALWAYS REPLACE THE U BOLT WITH A NEW ONE!! THEY STRETCH AND BECOME WEAK. NO MORE THAN 53 FT POUNDS OF TORQUE OR THEY WILL STRETCH!! WE HAVE TRIED MAKING U BOLTS FROM OTHER MATERIAL THAT WOULD BE STRONGER BUT HAVE HAD NO SUCCESS. EVERY ONE BROKE AFTER A SHORT TIME IN USE. IF IT WORKS ON MY BOAT FOR A YEAR IT WILL WORK ON ANYONES BOAT. MOST OF YOU KNOW HOW I RUN WILDTHING. THAT'S HOW WE TEST!!! THE WILDTHING TEST
Hes not kidding either. Ive seen him run and Ive seen him break things. If it holds up on his boat, its good stuff.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Registered

Is the tiller arm alum. also? How often do they go bad.

What is the benifit of a stainless pin and how do I know if mines bad?
Old 11-12-2004, 03:52 PM
RHC
Registered

Guys,,, Guys ,,, Stop making this project hard,, Just do it!! JR Marine aka Ron Bender has this problem solved... He did my Apache 2yrs ago and it is still working fine (about 200hrs) now ,, I had one U bolt break when we tried to tighten it to much,, its better to stay with the 53lbs tourqe spec and check it a couple of time each month... The bolt was easy to replace with the Plate and cutout work already done... I have no complaints whatsoever

RHC
Old 11-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Registered

I received my parts from Ron today, thanks for the fast service Ron!

I'll try and post picts as I go along. I only have one or two Saturdays a month to make this repair so be patient with me, I'll get to it shortly.

Quick Reply: Bravo Gimbal Ring Repair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.