Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
procharged HP500 fuel pressure not coming up with boost.long post >

procharged HP500 fuel pressure not coming up with boost.long post

Notices

procharged HP500 fuel pressure not coming up with boost.long post

Old 03-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This way the regulator senses the same boost the carb is getting and increases fuel to match the boost increase. Hope I make sense.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:06 PM
sleeker

thanks for the replys again.i figured it out this morning only to come on here and see you guys found the problem also very good for not having it in your face.the regulator was getting vaccume from the manifold not boost from the box. so from the boost box fitting i put in a T fitting one line goes to the regulator one line to the boost gauge works fine now around 8psi fuel press at idle 13 or so with 4.5 boost.pipe plugged up the manifold .when the motor got dynoed it was done correct as the dyno sheets show the fuel pressure climbing up to 13psi at 5000rpms .then the previous owner installed it for the sale to me and hooked it all up his way the wrong way almost got me good.now i think thats how he hurt the motor in the first place i spoke with his engine builder and he said that he rebuilt the regulator because the owner said it was stuck and thats how he hurt the motor ill bet the regulator was fine just hooked up wrong and he would have burned this one up also if in his hands still.theres a pic of my boat on the owners gallery at kryptoniteboats.com its at the top of the page all yellow with motor pic.thanks again sean

Old 03-08-2004, 06:02 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 155 Likes on 85 Posts

Put the boost gauge back in the manifold, that is the actual boost the engine sees.