More Bravo I help!

Notices

More Bravo I help!

Old 03-15-2004, 08:00 PM
RMM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Bravo I help!

Does it ever end? This is long but need opinions please.
Boat is 1988 w/ 454 and Bravo I.

Ok so in April of 2002, I have a new engine installed. At same time I ask them to fix play in steering. The invoice I have says they they did this. The only thing I actually know they did was replace the bellows, turn around the u bolt at top of gimbal ring and as part of this "reseal the pivot arm."

A year later I end up having to have the gimbal bearing replaced and they claimed the bellows was bad. Current marina did work. Now another year later they pull apart the drive to replace the steering pin and seal, which was resealed two years earlier. Can this go bad this quick or was it more likely not installed right in the first place? Any way to tell? Now also they are telling me the gimbal bearing is shot AGAIN and the u joints need to be replaced. How likely is it for this to happen again in less than a year? After they originally did it I always noticed water in the bilge, and had tried to get them to look at a few times but never did. Can water come in thru hear?

All this cost over $7,400. Needless to say I am not real happy and think the guy did a real half assed job. Depending on what the marina says now, I am thinking about taking him to court as I know he will not take any responsibility.

What are your thoughts? How likely is it for all these things to go in less than 2 years?

Thanks for any opinions.