Notices

Xmd-3????

Old 04-12-2004, 03:26 PM
SandysBi$$

Angry Xmd-3????

Can anyone help with an XMD? I bought a new XMD-3 and planned on using the RCA connections to my 4 channel amp. The first set, coming off of the XMD, of RCA work fine input to amp and out to speakers no problem. There is a second set of RCA coming off of the XMD, which I assumed were for the 3rd and 4th channel, when I hook them to the amp, I get nothing. I swichted the amp to make sure the amp was ok and it was. There are also another set of RCA's coming off the xmd, these say for the bass boost, hooked those up just to see and they dont work either. I could always switch to non RCA hook ups, but I wanted RCA. Can anybody offer any advise???? Thanks

Old 04-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default clarion

i ran into the same issue....
the manual is silent on the description of the rca connections....

here is how i did mine....

the grey (i think) rca outs (male rca) are the preamp outs that i connected to my amps. i used a "y" connector at the amp end to split it to two amps)

the black (the same length as the grey above) rca outs are for a sub amplifier, they only put out the low frequencies. i connected these outs to my sub amp...

the short rca (with female rca) is for an aux input ( i connected my mp3 hard disk here)...

this seems to work.....!!!!

gary
Old 04-12-2004, 03:58 PM
SandysBi$$

Talking Thanks

Dude, I thought that might fix the problem, I didnt want to run into ohm problems with the y splitter. I'm no expert and I wasnt sure that I could use the y, but obviously you have put my concerns to rest. The manual sucks!! I'll try this.