Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Check-ball valve in fuel line? >

Check-ball valve in fuel line?

Notices

Check-ball valve in fuel line?

Old 04-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Quaid

Default Check-ball valve in fuel line?

I was told all late/later model boats have a check valve in the fuel tank in case the boat capsizes. I have a 1995 24' Fountain w/ a procharger. I was told I have to remove the valve so the fuel is not restricted.

Where is it??????

I removed the line from the tank and also removed the hose barb-to-NPT fitting as well. I didn't remove the main fiitting that screws directly in tho the tank because I couldn't see it being all the way in there and it will be a pain to get it out. I also noticed I have a shut-off valve right outside of the tank. Is this to take place of the check-valve or should I keep digging?

Old 04-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Outlaw 24

Quaid, if I remember correctly on my old 226 Sport the anti siphon valve was located in the fitting that was threaded into the tank. The hose barb threaded into the fuel pickup which was a 1/2" NPT fitting. I believe that if you unthread the hose barb the spring and check ball are inside. All you need to do is press the ball out and remove the spring and reinstall using some sealant.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Outlaw 24

Quaid, if I remember correctly on my old 226 Sport the anti siphon valve was located in the fitting that was threaded into the tank. The hose barb threaded into the fuel pickup which was a 1/2" NPT fitting. I believe that if you unthread the hose barb the spring and check ball are inside. All you need to do is press the ball out and remove the spring and reinstall using some sealant.

Old 04-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Quaid

Thanks Outlaw 24

Old 04-22-2004, 03:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If im not mistaken their is a definete safety factor there....Check with the coasties on it...It should only cause a restriction if it is faulty or installed incorrectly..

BH