Sparkplug Question >

Sparkplug Question

Notices

Sparkplug Question

Old 04-20-2004, 06:46 AM
bajalome

Angry Sparkplug Question

Hey guys,

I have a 1997 Gen VI bbc (300Hp) not vortec with aftermarket Stainless Steel Marine exhaust. My problem is I think they stuck the wrong exhaust on the boat. I cannot get a socket on a few of the plugs I cannot manuever the socket on without hitting the exhaust. The exhaust is in the way! Does anyone know any tricks to get em out without pulling the exhaust. Oh and whoever put the last ones must of used an impact wrench, darn those things are tight. Is there exhaust for angled or straight plugs? I believe my plugs are angled. Any help guys would be much appreciated.

Howie

Old 04-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the same problem with my sm exhaust. you need to find an ultra thin 5/8 socket. I had too carry a special one around all the time. It also helps if you have a swivel extension.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:27 AM
bajalome

Kennyo,

Thanks for responding...I am getting a socket turned down today so hopefully I can get the boat in the water tommorrow.

Howie