Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
buffing wax brand and buffer style? >

buffing wax brand and buffer style?

Notices

buffing wax brand and buffer style?

Old 04-29-2004, 06:30 AM
bajalome

I would have to agree with RonS.....Finesse it and Aqua Buff are great products. I use them all the time. For light scratches and a flawless shine I would use Finesse It. I believe you can get it at any Marine store. I get mine from a distributor but I have seen it at local shops. As far as orbital buffers go I guess they alright but I prefer to hand wax. Dewalt sells a good buffer that is adjustable from 1700rpm-3000rpm...about $199.00. Good luck!

Old 04-29-2004, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Orbital buffers don't do much on gelcoat. It's too hard. I always use a wool buffing pad, regardless whether I'm compounding or waxing.

Aqua Buff is awesome stuff. We've used it a lot detailing used boats with medium and heavy oxidation. It's inexpensive and easy to use (be sure to keep it wet).

Always make sure you wash the boat between compounding and waxing. This closes the pores and prevents the wax from "soaking in" and splotching.

Our Waxing Frenzy! is designed to be used by hand or buffed, but more often than not, hand applied will do the trick. And, you'll find it much more user-friendly than the waxes mentioned above. Deeper shine with less work....
Old 04-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Registered

I have a 1990 Baja that the stripes are severely oxidized, also there is alot of yellowing on the white gell coat.

A local boat dealer said they would buff it with something called "blitz" that would really maker her shine. Anyone have any experience with such a product?
Old 04-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Charter Member # 1083
Charter Member

I just placed an order for the Waxing Frenzy. Thought I would give it a try.

I probably missed it but I wish we got an Offshore Only discount. By the time you pay shipping it gets a little expensive.

Bob
Old 04-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

You would not be sorry with Waxing Frenzy. I tried it last weekend and I was totally impress.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:33 AM
Registered

Default OSO DISCOUNT

Bob,
I'll try to catch the order and apply the discount. You can always call or e-mail if you forget to put in the discount code.

Thanks for the order.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Charter Member # 1083
Charter Member

Thanks Kim,

That's the problem though, I didn't know the secret code?

That's okey though, if this stuff works as well as you say, you can give me a discount next time I order.

Bob
Old 04-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Justin, I screwed up, it's the rotary buffer you need to be careful with when/if you use it. The orbital {random orbit} is pretty harmless on gel {unless you drop it on the deck of your boat A very knowledgeable site bud of mine is in the detailing business and he read this thread. He then straightened me out on this.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Registered

I am doing my boat now with the Aqua-Buff 1000 then 2000, after that I am ordering some of the Frenzy wax,...how do I get a discount on it?.....Fred
Old 05-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Registered

Frenzy and a Porter Cable orbital!

Quick Reply: buffing wax brand and buffer style?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.