propeller dilema! what to do? >

propeller dilema! what to do?

Notices

propeller dilema! what to do?

Old 05-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default propeller dilema! what to do?

believe i need a set of 36's b1's?? maybe??

i have 31 5 blade hydros and it seems to carry the stern well but the not the bow boat seems too wet.

feels like its bow steering and and really doesnt feel good,, 02 35 fountian.680 hp 575's

i think i need a bow lifting 4 or 5 blade.
houstons new 5 blade? bravo 5 blade?

is it me or ???

boat also feels like rubber band effect give her some juice say at 60 mph and rpm goes up from ? 3800-4500 and props take a while to bite,,
hard to explain, i would think with 5 blades it would accelerate not spin?

your thoughts
thanks
jonas
Old 05-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: propeller dilema! what to do?

Bravo-one four blades would be better than the five blds,give me a call and will PROP TALK.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:52 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Default Re: propeller dilema! what to do?

I'd go to 1.36 drives before buying 36's.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Registered

Jonas,

Need a little more info. Your setup should work well. I was working with the Black Pearl (last year it was the UTZ race boat) Super V yesterday. This boat is similar to yours. The P5s work very well, as they should on your boat.

What gear ratio do you have? What speed at rpm are you getting? Are the props stock or have they had some work done to them? Do you turn the props in or out? Has the prop shaft height been raised?

We have extensive experience with high performance boats like yours. There are many adjustments that can be made to the P5's you have which will change the way they carry the boat. The 4 blade Bravo 1's will have an acceptable top end but all around not the best choice.

If you would like to try the newer Hydromotive P5x's that may be an option as well. They are a bow lifting prop and on your boat will make the stern feel more solid. The acceleration of the P5x on your application will be fantastic. The p5x runs extremely well out of the box.

Matt
Throttle Up Propellers
Hydromotive Racing
877 842 6855 toll free
Old 05-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Registered

spinnin in // sportmaster -2 with 1 inch spacer // 1.50 // will prob spin to 5500+ but i chicken only spun to 5100 ish so far gonna get used to the handling etc as so diff from old 35 non step //

what is a 31 hydro comparable to in a bravo 1 4 blade size??32? 34 ? 36 ?

136 gears not an option as previous owner tried and was not good..
appreciate it thanks folks....
Old 05-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Registered

I would try spinning the props out. The stern will feel more solid, you may like it. Just run the shifters in reverse if you turn the props out.

Definitely take it slow. Don't push the boat beyond where you feel comfortable. You are doing the right thing. I would suggest getting used to the boat with the props you have now. Play around with different drive trim angles. If you are not sure about the adjustment of the indicators trim by feel. You may be surprised what the boat can do just by changing the trim angle.

After you have a good feel for the boat then you can start trying different props.

A 31 hydromotive should run about 200 less rpm than a 32 Bravo and 200 more than a 34 Bravo. These numbers could change depending on the amount of slip your boat may encounter with 4 blade props.

Matt
Old 05-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Registered

Matt how would a 33P QIV hydromotive four blade compare to a 32P Bravo I as far as effeciency and slip, I am turning my 32 P too many RPM's. How do the Hydromotives feel compared to the Bravo's handling characteristics?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=jspeeddemon]Matt how would a 33P QIV hydromotive four blade compare to a 32P Bravo I as far as effeciency and slip, I am turning my 32 P too many RPM's. How do the Hydromotives feel compared to the Bravo's handling characteristics? This is a single engine 26' Daytona.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Registered

The Hydro Quad IV will have more stern-lift compared to the Bravo 1. The slip will be about the same, maybe a little less. Top end is typically better with the
Quad IV as long as your boat liks the stern lift. Cruise speed will be less with the Quad IV due to the smaller blades and reduced cup. The rpm should drop about 300 with the 33 Quad IV compared to the 32 Bravo 1.

Matt