Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: prop selection

Registered
    My Boats:
    02 Skater/ 06 Outerlimits

prop selection

Looking for opinions or advice. I have an 02 32' skater Race/Pleasure Cat. Twin 300x's, bought the boat with 15x30 lab finish cleaver merc props, boat does 105 when the props were new. Well a couple of underwater objects and a couple boating season's later, props were rebuilt twice, they seem to have lost their punch. I have a set of unlabbed 14.5 x 32's but they don't have the top end as the other set did new. My theory is the 15's move more water than the 14.5's, anyway, looking for suggestions or comments from others out there. Are there any 4 blade designs for this application, should i stick with merc props, 15x30's would hit the rev limit when trying to get highest speeds, thinking about 15x32 labbed cleaver from merc,

My Boats:
    AKA Throttle Up Propellers

Re: prop selection

Mercury does make a 4 blade cleaver prop. It is a different design than the 3 blades you have now but they work well. There are several prop options including 3, 4, and 5 blade props. It all depends on what you want from a set of props.

As far as diameter you want as small a diameter as your boat likes. It takes some experimentation to determine what the best diameter is for your paticular application. Different water conditions can also dictate what diameter is best for that paticular day. There are may varibles and options. If you need more info give us a call.