Bravo 1 to Blackhawk?

Notices

Bravo 1 to Blackhawk?

Old 08-13-2004, 08:52 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bravo 1 to Blackhawk?

Why not send the computer out to somebody to reprogram it? They should be able to lower that idle very easily for minimal cost. Whipple woud be one person to talk to. I'm certain that there are others out there that have broken the code.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Registered

Mine is setup on two 502 efi"s that have just been rebuilt. They idle about 900 as well and I have no problem with them making any kind of a hard shift noise. You should have that checked out. Like the others have said, you do cruise at idle very quickly. I think mine is more like 10MPH or so and I get some dirty looks sometimes driving in no wake zones, but I have learned to deal with it. I do not feel comfortable letting anyone else drive the boat in a marina or close quarter enviroment though. If you were to lower the idle speed the engines will die when you shift into gear because of the load being put on the engines.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Registered

My ECU's were reprogrammed to compensate for the new cams and to try to lower the idle speed but we have not gotten it just right yet. Sometimes when I shift the engines still die. I expect to have the problem worked out in the next few weeks.

Well I am out of here for the day. My company (BEA Systems) has given everyone the day off for the end of our quarter. Here at the Dallas location they rented Sneaky Petes on Lewisville Lake in TX for the day for a company party. All of us are taking our boats out for some fun. If anyone else is in the area by sure to say hi. I will be out there all weekend.

31SS Sonic
"Shameless"
ST31
Old 08-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Registered

Tyler Crocket Marine is who is being used to reprogram my ECU's.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the reasons Merc put Blackhawks behind 502EFI's is the mild cams and the low idle speeds. The 502EFI can be made to idle at 600 rpm. If you use a Blackhawk behind an engine with a big cam you will have problems. They tend to break components when shifted at too high rpm and they idle much faster than single prop outdrives.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:29 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I have a carbed engine and it idles at 750. Drops right in without dying. Does lug at idle with the drive trimmed in though.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my 500 efi thinks it has a little more cam than it does, used 1.8 to one rockers instead of stock 1.7's Idle is a little lumpy so slowing the idle down isn'tgoing to be easy without a serious reprogram to adjust timing and idle air bypass. The problem then would be stalling at shift I am sure. I think a big part of the hard shift thing is the fact that it has 2 31pitch props in the water( big load). I will try Cords trim it up deal today and see how that works, otherwise I'll stick to the shift,then start it method I have been using.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Registered

wowwwww guys what allot input about the blackhawk, i like the fast cruising speed, i use the boat allot for cruising, but like to go fast when i need to, i would like to buy a usde one ore a new if the price is OK, i have a BAJA H2X with a 454mag MPI would the drive give me 5 mph more gain?? i was just asking for info on the drive @ speedwake and here it is . i have some another question now i run a Bravo1 with 1.50 gears and a perfect EXCLERATOR 23p from Houston propeller!! i hit some times the rev what gears and prop pitch do i need on the blackhawk any help would be very helpful!! sorry for the bad spelling.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Registered

Airpacker,
my Inglis is not so good please can you explain what all this means thanks allot!!

NO because the loss of trim control, the loss of migrange cruise speed and the wicked docking speed
Old 08-15-2004, 01:35 AM
Registered

Bubba.

What? What are you trying tosay / ask?

Quick Reply: Bravo 1 to Blackhawk?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.