Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Anti-siphon Valve, Where Is It? >

Anti-siphon Valve, Where Is It?

Notices

Anti-siphon Valve, Where Is It?

Old 08-11-2004, 09:08 PM
f252tbird

Default Re: Anti-siphon Valve, Where Is It?

Answer To, "how Do I Know It's Clogged?" Boat Started Dying On Acceleration With Fuel Pressure Dropping To Zero At 3000 Rpm. Pull Back To Idle And Fuel Pressure Picks Back Up To 7 Lbs. I Ran The Boat On The Trailer W/ Alternate Fuel Source To The Engine And It Ran Fine. Mechanic Says It's Either Debris In The Tank Clogging The Fuel Pick-up Or A Clogged Up Anti Siphon Valve. Thought I'd Try Replacing The Valve Before Trying To Figure Out How To Get 80 Gallons Of Gas Out Of My Tank To Look For Debris. I'm Open To Any And All Suggestions At This Point.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you check the valve, remove the pickup as well. The valve is usually screwed into a fitting on the pickup. While I was in there changing my valve, I removed the pickup to make sure it was clean, and I replaced the length of fuel hose going from the valve to the water separator (What the heck). I had the exact same problem, engine dying at rpm with no fuel pressure, but running fine on a 6 gallon can. I replaced that valve, and I've been fine ever since (at least the boat has!)
Old 08-12-2004, 07:22 AM
f252tbird

Thanks For All The Info. I'm Going To Make These Changes This Weekend. I'll Let You Know How It Worked Out.