sync gauge not working >

sync gauge not working

Notices

sync gauge not working

Old 08-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sync gauge not working

Hello. Maybe someone out there can help. I have a 1991 Baja with twin big blocks. It has Faria gauges in it. The SYNC gauge for matching the RPM's on both motors favors the port motor all the time except if the port motor is at idle and I rev up the starboard motor the needle jumps up and stays up if the RPM's are alot higher. Does anyone know if there is some adjustment on the back of the gauge or something else that might cause this? Maybe the gauge is bad? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Steve
Old 08-14-2004, 08:41 PM
micky dee

Default Re: sync gauge not working

there is a small dial type setting that can be adjusted to calibrate the gauge for different applications. but if it hasent been tampered with its highly unlikely that it has adjusted its self. my suggestion is that the gauge has become faulty, but look for loose connections or corroded terminals befor buying new.

Old 08-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Re: sync gauge not working

The adjuster can get corrosion in/on it. Hose it with a little blast of CRC and then turn it back and forth seven hundred times. Then ear synch your motors at idle to around 2000rpm. Adjust the sync gauge to show a balance there. You can also leave it loose in the dash to do a final tweak at a 3000rpm cruise.

I don't think it is ready for replacement yet, but I could be wrong.