KAAMA Drive Parts? >

KAAMA Drive Parts?

Notices

KAAMA Drive Parts?

Old 09-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KAAMA Drive Parts?

HELP! Need a source for Kaama drive parts. Specifically a transom plate. A buddy of mine lost a u-joint and in the process took out the plate. Any help or leads would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Woodsy
Old 09-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: KAAMA Drive Parts?

I read in a recent post that Archer Marine in Southern California is a source for KAAMA parts. I saw this in a "Sutphen" post. You can see the post if you search with the following keywords "starter offshore boat" It was under response #18. Hope this helps.

E.S.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:54 PM
alj
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: KAAMA Drive Parts?

Hey Woodsy,
Are you talking about the aluminum cast piece that is on the outside of the transom? (like an intermediate housing almost) The gimbal bearings are in there. If the piece isn't too bad remove it and have it welded and remachined. The cast pieces are practically non- existent but you might luck out with Archer. Before I bought my boat the previous owner had a bearing frozen in the race and he cranked on the motor to break it loose. It broke loose and the outer housing was in two pieces. He had it welded and remachined. Can't see the repair. Internal bearings and seals on KAAMAs are pretty easy to find (berry bearing, etc.) Shafts and gears can be custom made by good machinists at resonable prices. Cast parts are non -existent and should be treated like gold. Check the Formula forum. Lots of 80's Formula's were equipped with KAAMA drives. Also check Wellcraft or search KAAMA. Actually lots of info here on OSO.