Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
couple of questions >

couple of questions

Notices

couple of questions

Old 09-19-2004, 04:19 PM
tm29

Default couple of questions

1. When out of the water on a garden hose one drive slightly vibrates, but doesnt do it in the water is that normal or a sign of something starting to go wrong. It is a bravo drive.
2. on a 7.4 mpi I assume the connection to check the fuel pressure is on the fuel rail. does this mean you have to take off the upper manifold or is it easy to access. where is it maybe.
3. on setting the timing where is the disconnect so the computor wont adjust timing.
thanks for any help at all

the reasons why I am asking these questions is im getting a slight surge on 1 engine and want to start there and see how it goes done compression test already on both engines and is all good. done a complete tune up as well plugs etc etc and still a slight surge. surge is constant at all rpms not just at WOT.

Old 09-19-2004, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: couple of questions

I had the plastic top piece off of My 7.4 MPI recently. The fuel pressure port was right there in plain sight. Up front if I remember correctly. Even though it was painted black along with everything else.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:58 PM
tm29

must be a different setup I dont see a plastic top piece at all. Theres a huge upper manifold thats about it cant see fuel; rail at all

Old 09-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has a plastic top piece that says 7.4 MPI on it. a couple of torx head screws and the oil fill cap holds it on.

If I rmemeber the fuel pressure fitting came out from under the cast manifold in the front. Looks like a big truck valve stem.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:16 PM
tm29

Just walked out there and looked no plastic piece at all mine has the decal on top of the cast iron upper intake manifold. And I dont see a fuel connection at all. Mine is a 7.4 mpi lx maybe you have a magnum instead