bravo to arneson surface conv. >

bravo to arneson surface conv.

Notices

bravo to arneson surface conv.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Ted
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: bravo to arneson surface conv.

Originally Posted by articfriends
Ted,wheres the pics??Smitty
Smitty,
I finally have some shots taken over at Arneson's the other day. Rik will post when he downloads them.
I had the boat over for some service by Rik and everything is looking good and ready to go fast.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:01 AM
Registered

Hi ..........i am totally new to this ,just joined yesterday and cant stuck myself from the screen..... the amazing amount of useful information one can acheive is simply amazing.. what a pity i did not know about this forum before,,,, Anyway !! ! ! ! ! I got a query myself ........ i got a deep vee offshore powerboat hull 30 footer , 8 feet max beam with 22 degres deadrise ..with a constant of 40...( not so bad when u consider that a world sped record holder Fountain has a constant of 52 ).... the hull has no step and no notched transom.. i was considering to modify one thing at a time,, first a notched transom ( as a power i am goin to use a Mercruiser 525 ) ....as a drive probably an XR or a bravo 1 X... the query i have is what height and what lenght should the notched transom be?????? i would be more than happy to give you more info.... thanks in advance .. Clyde from Malta
Old 12-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Great reading, I really like the Arneson conversion, as well as putting these bad boys on new boats. Rik is a good guy and will give you honest info on set up. I just wish more people would use these on V bottoms.

Express cat 39 always liked your set up, grat lookin boat.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You want something like this? 32' B Skater quarter canopies with 496 Merc. engines. First time in the water, two people, 3/4 fuel... 105 on the bump box.
Attached Thumbnails bravo to arneson surface conv.-im001047.jpg   bravo to arneson surface conv.-im001050.jpg  
Old 12-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my way to Key west, i saw an OE with Trip Arnesons on it. Expresscat, was that you? Looked like a really cool setup.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

If it was a triple engine cat it would have to be a 48' rather than the 39 that Dennis has.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Registered

I highly recommend the ASD6 for your installation. You will definitely be satisfied with them over Bravos. I recently spoke to Rik Wimp at Arneson on one for my 27' Magnum that I'm re-powering with a single MV10-625 Ilmor. He is definitely the man to talk to. He quoted me a price of $16,500 and sent me installation drawings within hours of our conversation. He is Arnesons expert, and a great guy to deal with.

I won't be working on my project for a few months, and would appreciate it if you kept me posted on your installation. Tony
Old 12-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: bravo to arneson surface conv.

I like Arneson's espcially the boat Mr. Arneson has with a pair of Lycoming's ...I do not know why but Arneson and Lycomings on a cat appeal to me. Must be the roostertail and the GPS readings...or the fact that only ester synthetic oil can be used in a turbine?
Old 12-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
I like Arneson's espcially the boat Mr. Arneson has with a pair of Lycoming's ...I do not know why but Arneson and Lycomings on a cat appeal to me. Must be the roostertail and the GPS readings...or the fact that only ester synthetic oil can be used in a turbine?
We only have a single engine in the 46.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Registered

Love that boat. Was in one of my engineering mags.

Quick Reply: bravo to arneson surface conv.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.