Hydromotive P5X results are in >

Hydromotive P5X results are in

Notices

Hydromotive P5X results are in

Old 11-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Hydromotive P5X results are in

what do you mean by the prop blowing out?
Old 11-02-2004, 09:19 PM
blownboat

When your prop looses bite in the water, slipping in the water. On many boats just as the bow drops down when taking off the motor winds up and with some props if you dont let off the throttle the boat won't move and your rpms will continue to climb. Some boats with a high x dimension blow out easier and can not even get up on plane. Some may have a better definition than me. Larger pitch props blow out easier .

Old 11-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blownboat - I have a 26' Eliminator Daytona with an HP500 that is Whipple Charged at 6psi of Boost. On a 32p Bravo 4 blade prop with 1.36 gears in an imco 4*4 drive I am only getting 95mph on GPS at 5K rpm. With a decent amount of gas and a few people it runs 91-93 at 4800. I ran a 30P Labbed 4blade prop and hit 104 at 5650rpm.

Do you think this is a prop I should consider??
Old 11-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Registered

BgBoost1, what is your X. Are you having any problems with the 30? With my X 1/2 above the bottom sponsons I can not stay on plane below 2800 rpm (30 mph). Any less then that & the boat starts falling off plane. With the 29 P5x I can stay on plane as low as 2000 rpm. Still playing with it but my top end is off with P5x by about 5 mph
Old 11-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

blownboat. so what solves blow out? larger prop with less pitch? whats my x dimension? i have a 79 35ft cig mistress w/ ssm#3a's b/w 10 plate trans and am building 850hp blower motors. boat had 555n/a with 3 blade cleavers of unknown make. anyone from the old school remeber what prop characteristics a 35 mistress likes? thaks folks for any help or advice you can lend. ratman
Old 11-04-2004, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bgboost1,
The only way to know if a P5X will work on your boat is to try one. If you want to try one out we have P5X test props available, let us know.

One reason you saw the difference is speed with the lab prop was the increase in rpm. Without comparing a stock prop and a lab prop running at the same rpm it's hard to tell if the lab finishing attributed to the speed increase or of it was the increase in rpm which resulted in more HP.

Matt
Old 11-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Registered

Hey Throttleup,

What about us guys who have the earlier bravo ones? I have a 1997 Bravo One drive that was beefed up by Teague Custom Marine. It still has the smaller prop shaft. Will the 5 bladed props work in a single engine 29 footer, or will the torque break the prop shaft?
Old 11-05-2004, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the 5 blade props came out everyone was reluctant to put them on standard prop shafts.

We started selling them to some customers with standard props shafts and so far there have been no problems.

If you generally boat in smooth water or don't fly the boat I don't think you will have a problem with a 5 blade and the standard prop shaft.

Needless to say we have had customers with HP 500's break XR prop shafts and other customers with 800hp and have no problems with the standard prop shaft. If really depends on how you drive the boat more than it has to do with the prop.

We have had some customers have fewer drive problems with 5 and 6 blade propellers than with 4. I imagine the reason for this is reduced vibration and prop shaft stress, especially in high drive height applications.

Matt
Old 11-05-2004, 11:40 AM
blownboat

Sweet, thats what I like to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

Old 11-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Registered

Smile Re: Hydromotive P5X results are in

Originally Posted by Turbojack
So far the best speed I have had is with a Houston Prop labbed bravo1 30 with a top speed of 105.8 @ 5800 12% slip. The same weekend I ran the 29 P5x & best speed was 101.3. My computer did not log the run so I did not know what the RPM was. I like the P5X for the way it carries the bow but I just did not see the speed. Hopefully I will get another chance to go out & compare my 29 P5x, 30 labbed bravo & stock 32.

I also have a stock 34 & takes me half a day to get planed out since it blows out so bad.
TurboJack,Thanks for the Business,glad to hear the positive results,I am sure the P5X is a good prop but just not for every boat out there.Thanks again Darin

Quick Reply: Hydromotive P5X results are in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.