650 hp Crate engine from World >

650 hp Crate engine from World

Notices

Old 01-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I finally got everthing squared away with my 500 hp 454's (only took two year and a couple of rebuilds) I notice this 650 hp crate engine froM World for just under 10k in Summit's magazine. What's the problem (if any) with using a couple of these in my 36' Coyote? I'm running 70 WOT at 5000 rpm with 425 TRS outdrives. Seems to me that these engines look pretty good on paper. What problems would I get into dropping a couple of these in instead of trying to build 650 hp? and any idea on how much faster this would get me going?
Old 01-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Registered

Default Re: 650 hp Crate engine from World

I LIVE IN OHIO BEFORE I GOT INTO BOATING USE TO DRAG RACE ALOT I WOULD NOT BUY CRAP OFF OF SUMMIT FOR ANY REASON
Old 01-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

ALCOR
Not to sell you an engine of ours but to let you know you get what you pay for.These engines are production ***embled and little care is taken in the consideration of the clearances. Clearances are not one size fits all and special care has to be given to a marine engine specially in the piston to cylinder area. Another is rotating ***embly balance these engines are not complete balanced with all the rotating parts your going to use and that in itself can cause problems. The price of the engines is also lower than you would pay for a quality engine because they are using the cheapest parts they can use in the engine and I don't know about you but thats not what I would want in my engine. I've seen guys with good things to say about those engines here on oso but as an engine shop I can tell you I have a large amount of these engines come through the shop every year,to be exact last year I had 14 come through and all the manufacturer tells the customers is sorry we don't problem with our quality control and when you check their quality control with your tools after 2 hrs you find there is none. Our engines Carry a 12 month limited warranty and we only use American made components but we can't sell one for that price if your interested give me a call and I'll make you the best deal I can but don't buy something thats not the quality you deserve. I hope I don't piss anyone off but I wouldn't want to see someone make the same mistake 14 people made last year specially anyone on oso. Sincerely Yours Laz Mesa
P.S. stop and see us at the boat show in February booth number4184
Old 01-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Registered

Mesa,
What are your thoughts on Innovation Marine. THe boat I recently purchased had the motors done by them and I cant find them on the web or any info. But Iremeber years back hearing about them. Additionally, what is the max output of TRS uppers and sportmaster 2 lowers hp wise, and toruque...im pushing 550 hp 454's with 250 blowers, 35 foot, 8k pounds 26 pitch 3 blade choppers WOT 5700 - 84 mph...thanks....mike
Old 01-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MESA BALANCING
ALCOR
Not to sell you an engine of ours but to let you know you get what you pay for.These engines are production ***embled and little care is taken in the consideration of the clearances. Clearances are not one size fits all and special care has to be given to a marine engine specially in the piston to cylinder area. Another is rotating ***embly balance these engines are not complete balanced with all the rotating parts your going to use and that in itself can cause problems. The price of the engines is also lower than you would pay for a quality engine because they are using the cheapest parts they can use in the engine and I don't know about you but thats not what I would want in my engine. I've seen guys with good things to say about those engines here on oso but as an engine shop I can tell you I have a large amount of these engines come through the shop every year,to be exact last year I had 14 come through and all the manufacturer tells the customers is sorry we don't problem with our quality control and when you check their quality control with your tools after 2 hrs you find there is none. Our engines Carry a 12 month limited warranty and we only use American made components but we can't sell one for that price if your interested give me a call and I'll make you the best deal I can but don't buy something thats not the quality you deserve. I hope I don't piss anyone off but I wouldn't want to see someone make the same mistake 14 people made last year specially anyone on oso. Sincerely Yours Laz Mesa
P.S. stop and see us at the boat show in February booth number4184
Hey Las, Stop posting and get to work. You got some work to do before the Miami Show.

Thanks for all your help. See you in 3 weeks !!
Old 01-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dtile
Mesa,
What are your thoughts on Innovation Marine. THe boat I recently purchased had the motors done by them and I cant find them on the web or any info. But Iremeber years back hearing about them. Additionally, what is the max output of TRS uppers and sportmaster 2 lowers hp wise, and toruque...im pushing 550 hp 454's with 250 blowers, 35 foot, 8k pounds 26 pitch 3 blade choppers WOT 5700 - 84 mph...thanks....mike
Thats a top notch place with stand up people I have a very good friend that works for them and from what he tells me about the operation it's very profesional these are the type of people oso members are proud to have in the marine industry.Laz Mesa
Old 01-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OTIS311
Hey Las, Stop posting and get to work. You got some work to do before the Miami Show.

Thanks for all your help. See you in 3 weeks !!
I actually got back from lunch and I'm laying out all the parts to take pics and email to you . Don't worry were hard at work. Laz Mesa
Old 01-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Registered

Well, I had to ask. In the end, I'm with you guys. I rather spend a few thousand more and have harm fuzzies everytime I push the sticks to the limit knowing that I got the best I could for the bucks I spent. Let's face it, these engines go through alot and there's no sense in cheaping out only to spend a season with an engine (or two) in teh shop> I keep looking for now. Actually, I'd like to find a couple of 540's in good shape that simply needed to be gone through, at least that way, I know what's in them from the beginning.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by alcor
Now that I finally got everthing squared away with my 500 hp 454's (only took two year and a couple of rebuilds) I notice this 650 hp crate engine froM World for just under 10k in Summit's magazine. What's the problem (if any) with using a couple of these in my 36' Coyote? I'm running 70 WOT at 5000 rpm with 425 TRS outdrives. Seems to me that these engines look pretty good on paper. What problems would I get into dropping a couple of these in instead of trying to build 650 hp? and any idea on how much faster this would get me going?
They have crackheads putting those things together.I used to work for World.