Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Speedmaster 4 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/93801-speedmaster-4-a.html)

seabeach 01-05-2005 04:54 AM

Speedmaster 4

Have a pair of #4 and wondering what boat types that used them? Are they special design for any particular hull type?

Need to know more....

t500hps 01-05-2005 07:14 AM

Re: Speedmaster 4

A buddy has them on an 1989 38 Fountain. Boat was powered by 850's but now has 500efi's. Drives were left in instead of tearing apart the transom. Don't know much more though.

ratman 01-05-2005 07:27 AM

there not for a specific hull type. whats your plan buy a boat to match a pair of drives? sounds like a looong project. buy something thats complete and save a lot of time and headaches, buy something rigged less power or turnkey. good luck

ratman 01-05-2005 07:28 AM

t500hps, post more pics of the wife, i mean there is an uncensored forum...ratman

seabeach 01-05-2005 10:23 AM

Have a Cigarette 38 with Bravos. Got these when I bought a pair of engines and I dont know if I should sell them or put them on my boat.

clearcut3 01-05-2005 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by seabeach
Have a Cigarette 38 with Bravos. Got these when I bought a pair of engines and I dont know if I should sell them or put them on my boat.

SELL THEM. I'm sure there is someone out there with #4's that would like them for parts. You don't want to go through all the trouble of installing an obsolete product that you can't find parts for in the future.

SK-190 01-05-2005 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by clearcut3
You don't want to go through all the trouble of installing an obsolete product that you can't find parts for in the future.

Yes, it's always much better to be using a product that isn't obsolete and you know will need many replacement parts in the future. :D

:rolleyes:

clearcut3 01-05-2005 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by SK-190
Yes, it's always much better to be using a product that isn't obsolete and you know will need many replacement parts in the future. :D

:rolleyes:

So you would rather do transom work and go through thousands of $$$$$ worth of labor to install drives you can't get parts for :rolleyes: . There are plenty of guys running bravos on guns without problems. They aren't running 750 HP through them but they will last in the right applications.

It all depends on what horsepower you are running. If you are 500 or less I would stick with the Bravos for now. If you are more than 600 I would go with SSM's but either 3A's or 6's.

SK-190 01-05-2005 05:24 PM

I was just being sarcastic about the reputation of bravos.

clearcut3 01-05-2005 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by SK-190
I was just being sarcastic about the reputation of bravos.

I'm a little slow this evening...my bad...Loooooong day :D . They definitely aren't the best on a boat as heavy as a T/G. Kinda on that line between choices with a conventional gun:

1) Bravos and a couple mice under the hatch
2) Or big money drives and big money engines

:D :D