Neutral Safety Switch >

Neutral Safety Switch

Notices

Neutral Safety Switch

Old 01-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumb Solenoids Neutral Safety Switch #6SSm Drive Boat

I have been trying to get my Bump Solenoids to work on 900SC's. yesterday I did some checking and found out that both of the Shift Modules(Thunderbolt Ignition) are cracked from heat (obviously shorted) so I did some checking. the neutral safety switches seem to work fine except that when you go from forward back to neutral the Neutral Safety switches don't sense that the trans in back in neutral until I take the shifter back towards reverse a bit then back to neutral.( I did a continuety check to find this out) The bump seem to work fine. So what I think is happening is that when you are running and shift back to neutral without shifting back towards reverse then the modules sits there shorting out. Anybody know anything about this situation? Boat is used and I just got it. They have not worked since I bought it and whenver we hooked them up they would get hot and smoke.

Last edited by bripar77; 01-30-2005 at 04:12 PM.