Notices

Dyno sheet from Mesa

Old 02-01-2005, 08:24 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Dyno sheet from Mesa

WoW looks like you 'll have me... I'm getting scared.... well maybe not as scared as your Bravo's with 720# of torque at 3300rpm...

Sounds good Bob I hope you have fun.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

congrats, impressive numbers!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
WoW looks like you 'll have me... I'm getting scared.... well maybe not as scared as your Bravo's with 720# of torque at 3300rpm...

Sounds good Bob I hope you have fun.
Frankie is upgrading the XZ's to XR's

Im really not to worried though. with the kind of boating we do and the Lake that we run on, either bravo will probably be alright if the cooler stays full (know what I mean)

Besides, thats what I bought a spare drive for...... just in case
Old 02-01-2005, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Bob,

Very impressive numbers. I hope that everything comes together great for you. The boat should be sweet. Still planning on hitting Sacandaga this summer? July 23rd?

Chris
Old 02-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For what it's worth:
Attached Thumbnails Dyno sheet from Mesa-bobs-motor.jpg  
Old 02-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Bob,

Very impressive numbers. I hope that everything comes together great for you. The boat should be sweet. Still planning on hitting Sacandaga this summer? July 23rd?

Chris
Its on my calander Chris. Ill be there
Old 02-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Las,
Nice numbers. Question, you have a similar drop in torque that I have noticed in several other engines ranging from 502 to 588 CID in and around the 3100 to 3600 or so range. Do you have an opinion on what it may be?

Chris
Old 02-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very good numbers! Some details would be great! Compression and cam would be good to know. I know some of this stuff is proprietery!

cstraub,
Do you think the slight dip in torque is is due to the transition between primaries and the secondaries? Just a thought. It will be interesting to hear what Laz has to say!

Craig
Old 02-01-2005, 12:40 PM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Craig,
You see that dip at various points in both N/A and forced applications I have been looking at this in many engines for some time now trying to figure the relationship in the range of the dip and the mechanical configuration of the various engines. I think it has much to do with the interaction of camshaft overlap and exhaust design. Perhaps on N/A it has to do with mild combustion chamber/exhaust imbalance at a certain frequency, and blow thru in a forced application. You see it in nearly every engine. Great numbers Laz.
Bob

Last edited by rmbuilder; 02-01-2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cstraub
Las,
Nice numbers. Question, you have a similar drop in torque that I have noticed in several other engines ranging from 502 to 588 CID in and around the 3100 to 3600 or so range. Do you have an opinion on what it may be?

Chris
The drop in torque you generally see on my dyno reports comes from the fact that my dyno is a manual brake system rather than a computer controlling the brake action I make the brake stop the engine the way I want and it generally does that drop because I start at a steady state RPM higher than were I want to start which is at a lower RPM generally 1000- 1500 RPM lower the reason I do it this way is because over the years I've noticed that the engines make peak cylinder pressures lower in marine engines and I want to make sure the engine will not set the det. sensor off at cruising RPM or under acceleration. It's just the way I run them for that type of testing. I always say the dyno is a tool that gives more then numbers of power and when used effectively can produce excellent results. Many people use computer controlled brake dynos they are the norm now days but I prefer this type of set up because I believe it's more effective for marine engines thats my opinion the other units also work well. It's very impressive that you saw that very few people actually notice that. Thanks for the question Laz Mesa

Quick Reply: Dyno sheet from Mesa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.