Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Drive shower or not to Drive shower ? >

Drive shower or not to Drive shower ?

Notices

Drive shower or not to Drive shower ?

Old 02-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Drive shower or not to Drive shower ?

Geat ! Thanks for the responces. I am looking at all the links now. Any of these thought of as better cooling than others? also haha I probably have the only boat on the planet that all colors do not match Orange Boats ... Not easy to accessorize
Old 02-10-2005, 05:44 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I would suggest the Halo model over the Summit model in the Simrek brand. Works better. Not sure if the ebay ad is actually a Simrek, as there are a couple of brands just like it, but with different style pickup tips. With that low price, kinda makes me think it is a different brand. Read up on this in this link. I highly recommend the Simrek. But any is better than none http://driveshowers.com/
All the way.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought two of those drive showers. From that guy. Great product for the price. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:05 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SKRAMER
I bought two of those drive showers. From that guy. Great product for the price. Good luck.
When you say that you bought two of those drive showers from "that guy", do you mean the ebay item or Paul Kermis from Simrek?
I wasn't aware that there was some Simrek Knock Offs out on the market. In that case, it is important to verify the product for the cooling performance you are seeking.
Follow US1 Fountain's advice.
Caveat Emptor
The following users liked this post:
SimrekinNC (01-29-2021)
Old 02-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

502, you might be interested in this post to. After getting input from the gang Fred@Trick Marine hooked me up with a nice set of halo's

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ghlight=shower
Old 02-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Summer Heat
502, you might be interested in this post to. After getting input from the gang Fred@Trick Marine hooked me up with a nice set of halo's

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ghlight=shower
Thanks Heat will look at it. Getting my new prop in today have GPS on standby so this topic is getting more urgent. We should have 70ish saterday so I will look for a good flat piece of water to test
Old 02-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Registered
Gold Member

I dealt with Simrek direct - great guys! And I actually had my wife drive while I crawled over the hatch to watch it in action - dumps a TON of water on the drive!
Attached Thumbnails Drive shower or not to Drive shower ?-transom-1.jpg  
SimrekinNC (01-29-2021)
Old 02-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RLW
When you say that you bought two of those drive showers from "that guy", do you mean the ebay item or Paul Kermis from Simrek?
I wasn't aware that there was some Simrek Knock Offs out on the market. In that case, it is important to verify the product for the cooling performance you are seeking.
Follow US1 Fountain's advice.
Caveat Emptor
I bought a pair from the e-bay guy. It looks like he is making them by himself. He does a nice job.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Regardless of who actaully makes it, or what the desgn, the important thing to look at is the pickup design. The simple 45 degee cut is what you want to avoid. That has proven to be almost worthless. Even the early models from Simrek started off in that matter. I believe it was actually the testing from Hotboat??? where the poor performance of this 45* end was dicovered and where Paul Kermis (Simrek) 1st made the change to the pickup end design. (This is all in the link I posted above, I just didn't go back and read it. )

RLW, yes there are a few knock offs. The main difference that I ever see is in the 'stops' that are used at the cavition plate. For example, Simrek uses roll pins, the ebay item has collars. I think most all have changed to the newer pickup ends.

I got in on the OSO drive shower special a few yrs ago from Paul who was a OSO member. You can stand on his showers and they will not budge. I really liked his product, so when it was time to order 2 more, I went with a high quality product that works as designed and by a company that stands behind their product 110%. Simrek.
Plus when you call, Paul answers the phone.
SimrekinNC (01-29-2021)
Old 02-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Registered

I also bought one of the Ebay showers. It's a Simrec clone, right down to the pickup. The pickups are the exact same shape as the new Simrec design (not cut at a 45, but more of a box shaped end). They have holes along the sides of the drive as well as the top. The tig welds are first class. Overall they are a bargain and very well made.
I still wonder if they aren't a real Simrec?

These come with a template, and are very easy to install. It also comes with a stainless spacer, washer and mounting bolt.

I now have a bright black drive after months of using it! No more white scum buildup...

Kent

Quick Reply: Drive shower or not to Drive shower ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.