Sheet Metal Intake!

Notices

Sheet Metal Intake!

Old 02-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sheet Metal Intake!

Rum
If Wette goes with the sheet metal intake, you need sell him a set of of those split King Demons. Nothing looks cooler then 4 x 2 barrels sitting on one of those intakes.

Chris
Old 02-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cstraub
Rum
If Wette goes with the sheet metal intake, you need sell him a set of of those split King Demons. Nothing looks cooler then 4 x 2 barrels sitting on one of those intakes.

Chris
Your damn right
Attached Thumbnails Sheet Metal Intake!-assface-engine.jpg  
Old 02-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who makes a split dominator flame arrestor?
Old 02-22-2005, 01:20 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Originally Posted by WETTE VETTE
There sure is a lot of cool stuff out there! Those Wilson intercooled sheet metal intakes are very wild looking!! Are those for a Pro charger or other similar type of blower application?

Craig
Vortech or procharger... i just need some for big cheifs those would not work for me...
Old 02-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Registered

I spoke with Wilson briefly today and they are supposed to fax me a form to fill out with my engine specs so they can accurately evaluate. In speaking to one engine builder the new Merlin X manifold came up. It isn't as bling as the sheet metal manifold, but is supposed to be designed for larger CI motors and is cast very accurately. The Dart I am running definately has some shortcomings and is 10 yr old technology. He will be dynoing one in the next couple of weeks against the Dart so it will be interesting. I think the sheet metal or tunnel ram type of manifold would still do better and definately looks cooler than a single quad. The question will be how much better? 10 HP-20HP probably isn't worth the cost of the sheet metal manifold, let alone 2 new carbs and the necessary linkage and lines. I will be eagerly awaiting the increases seen (if any) of the Merlin X over the Dart!
Old 02-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Banned

On your size engine going to to a sheet metal and 2 carb set up you will see around 60HP. That is drawing from my feed back from C&C, Al Parker, CFE, BRS, and others that we deal with.

Wette I would suggest monitoring racejunk and other websites. If you were a class racer,then yes by all means, but since it sounds like you want this for "sweet" factor, I would find a used one for cheap coin.

Chris
Old 02-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cstraub
Rum

Chris
No doubt. I actually made a top to put two splits inline on top of my little blower. Helps a lot on the distrabution, but too many other issues to actually run it.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Registered

Actually I saw a sheet metal intake for sale on Racing Junk, which is what got me thinking. It was for a short deck and I don't like messing with spacers so I will keep my eyes open. In the meantime it will be interesting to see how the Merlin X does against the Dart. Like everything there seems to be mixed opinions about how much more there really is with the dual quad vs the single. Some engine builders say mainimal gains and manifold guys say more. I like the cool factor of the sheet metal, but if it doesn't make the boat faster it really makes my motor less impressive in my opinion. I tend to be more impressed by non assuming, normal looking motors that run like raped apes! That really surprises people, particularily blower guys! If there really is 60 HP then the sweet look is also backed up by increased performance.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:58 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This is Steve Morris Racing Engines CNC manifolds very cool and very strong. He desinged these for a pair of Procharged 1400 HPs with fuel injection and intercooler system similar to the blue wilson intakes earlier. He can do them for any configuration and what I think is cool is the way he can controll the shape and conture of the port look at the curve and shape, plus it just looks cool.
Attached Thumbnails Sheet Metal Intake!-cnc.jpg   Sheet Metal Intake!-cnc2.jpg  
Old 02-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Registered

Wow!

Quick Reply: Sheet Metal Intake!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.