Prochargers ??????????????? >

Prochargers ???????????????

Notices

Prochargers ???????????????

Old 03-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Prochargers ???????????????

If you love the boat and cant find a better choice or dont have the time to look then I would spend some money in agreement with the owner to have the boat looked over by a Knowledgeable! mechanic. Look at and listen to the drives and how they operate, compression check the motors, maybe even leak down test them. Look at the boat and the owner and ask yourself; does this person have enough money to keep this rig up? Did they buy it new and suck the life out and leave you wuth the leftovers? Ask around about the boat. It should show in the maintenance of the boat. I sell homes and you can tell when the owner had the money and took the timeto take care of the home. Kinda the same with the boats. Greg
Old 03-08-2005, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any motor that is procharged, supercharged, blown or whatever that was not originally built to be, is just asking for problems. Enough stuff can go wrong with a used boat why add to it

Will
Old 03-08-2005, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy it right & if you need to rebuild the motors, then you will have a killer of a boat. I have owned a boat with a blower since the mid/late 70's I do not think I would own one without one.

I have now been procharged for 4 years. Just tore the motor down this winter. I think this is the first time I tore a motor down that was almost a waste of time. Everything was perfect considering the HP & abuse the motor has been thru.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
Any motor that is procharged, supercharged, blown or whatever that was not originally built to be, is just asking for problems. Enough stuff can go wrong with a used boat why add to it

Will
I'll have to agree with Will on this one... The thought of down time and up-keep due to supercharging turns me off on the whole idea.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:31 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I am a fan of the pro charger. Had very good luck with it, my motor was very impressive and reliable with it. Having said this, and installing myself, there are numerous pitfalls with the installation that could be problematic and if the set up was not maintained and driven responsibly there could be problems. My opinion is that on that heavy of a boat you might have reliablility problems if you intend on running hard all the time. If you are satisfied with using your power in spurts your going to be ok. The thing I enjoyed about my set up is that the midrange cruise was so good, as previous post said, got better gas mileage. I would not be scared of this boat, but would be skeptical and as a previous post said, have an expert check the installation and perform a leak down test.