Blower Do's and Don'ts >

Blower Do's and Don'ts

Notices

Blower Do's and Don'ts

Old 03-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Do's and Don'ts

I am considering installing a weiand 177 blower on my gen 6 carbureted 454. Does anyone have any ideas how much hassle I will have with pulleys, belts, power stg. and water pumps? I notice the kit comes with an additional pulley to drive the serpentine type drive belt, does this just bolt on top of what I have? I am trying to get an idea how much custom work if any, this will be before I proceed. I know about the weak bottom end and piston situation, and am prepared to fix problems I may have. thanks
Old 03-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Re: Blower Do's and Don'ts

You may need a spacer or different water neck. Holley sells the spacer for around $80.00. The additional pulley is for the crank. Is your motor a mag 454 or 330hp? If you go to the holley web site and check out the marine catalog they have part numbers for the spacer. I also found a mag. at home from the last months that talked about the carb and jetting on a similar set up I believe it was Extreme Boat mag.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Several boats ago I installed the B&M 174 power charger marine kit on my mark 4 454 (330 hp) . Kit was very complete . Did not have any problems . Clearance was close to the back seat though.

Make sure you upgrade the fuel system from stock .

Bob
Old 03-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Registered

KCHOTBOAT, the engine is the 330, small world, I live in Stilwell, Ks. Do you remember the jetting changes that need to be made? Is the water neck just an extension? Dennis
Old 03-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I am in process of doing this with a 454 mag, I am adding aluminum Brodix heads, new hyd. roller cams, etc., the water "neck" runs laterally to the starboard side. You would be best off to ditch the circulating pump and install a crossover without a thermostat. I had Tyler Crockett select all my components. He would help you out with the carb. or Dean Nickerson can set you up.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Registered

nickerson's 1st place for carb. make sure you check the size of your fuel tank pickup tube,fittings,hoses, should be at least 1/2". timing 30 degrees msd's multible discharge box with rev limiter. and hang on......