Stock Bravo 1 TA to ITS Switch >

Stock Bravo 1 TA to ITS Switch

Notices

Stock Bravo 1 TA to ITS Switch

Old 03-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Stock Bravo 1 TA to ITS Switch

How tough is it to switch a stock Bravo 1 transom assembly to an ITS assembly. Could I use my stock Bravo 1 drive on an ITS assembly by switching to a longer input shaft? Will it bolt right on? What does an ITS TAssem cost? Are there any other issues?

Thanks very much,
SL
Old 03-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Stock Bravo 1 TA to ITS Switch

Have you looked at the IMCO Transom assembly with the steering? It may be better on your application without the setback. I think the ITS is about $7900. Ice is melting!
Old 03-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Registered

CI!

I have been looking at the original Imco setup with the extension box with the wings for the rams. With a full setup, helm, wheel kit, hoses, rams, thru hulls, with the 12" extension box, longer shaft, inner transom plate, etc is about $5000. So I am looking into it. Have to pull the engine tho, big job but no new holes, all stock holes plus a 12" setback and optional 3" x-dim gain. What do you think. I am sure you have seen it, the ext box with the wings for the rams. The box itself is only $880. It may be the answer. I am getting quotes for the new imco setup and the Merc ITS, but I am sure they will be $$$$$$$$. I'll be over next Friday I think. It won't fit in the garage anymore tho. Time to break out the saw again.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Registered

Here is the Imco setup........Stellings makes one too without the steering wings
Attached Thumbnails Stock Bravo 1 TA to ITS Switch-extensionboximco.jpg  
Old 03-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking that this might be better because you don't need the setback
http://www.imcomarine.com/pages/sterndrives.html
If you are just after getting a clean steering install Think about replacing the dual ram tabs with some single ram Trick Marine tabs, Mount them at 15deg and you will have plenty of room for steering and a much better handling boat. Add a shortie lower and you will get a very controllable fast ride without touching the reliability of the engine or having to remove it to change the gimble.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Registered

That new imco setup is perfect except it is not available and I am sure when introduced the price will be $$$$$$ and I'll have to buy all the internals still. I took a shot of it at the Miami show, it's beautiful, just what I need. The setback setup is available and probably cheaper but I don't think the setback will really do much on my little 22 footer. One guy on Donzi.net recommended doing the neutral setback and add a shortie. With the 3" x-dim change box you of course have to remount the engine, major hassle and clearance issues. Still working on it.