Sarasota Unofficial results... >

Sarasota Unofficial results...

Notices

Sarasota Unofficial results...

Old 07-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,734 Likes on 3,793 Posts
Default Re: Sarasota Unofficial results...

Originally Posted by dhlaw
Pete has been doing his homework!! Come on home to Sbi/APBA man, you have made your point........
License to thrill had a question and i answered
Old 07-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Hulk and Mapei went into the spectators with Mojo, Hulk and Mapei realized their mistake and turned around(happened last year as well). They were in first and second(I think) at the first pin, 5th and 6th at the end of the first lap. They ran down all boats and had a great battle until Mapei broke.

At the Lido Beach turn(#?), the six boats all came from different directions due to the Nav issues. The turn looked like a Chinese Fire Drill

Hulk was assessed a 2 min penalty for the bouy Mojo 3 min for the Spec fleet.

The spectator incident is from what I was told by a Mojo crewmember.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,734 Likes on 3,793 Posts

[QUOTE]Hulk was assessed a 2 min penalty for the bouy Mojo 3 min for the Spec fleet.

That doesnt make sense if they were following the rule book, can someone give reason why they did that??
Old 07-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats up with a 30 foot cat running in P-4???? just dont sound right to me
Old 07-05-2005, 07:54 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

I think thay got the penalty, but when they came out the same way they went in offical's adjusted the penalty
Old 07-05-2005, 10:31 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

I don't know why but when I was wandering the pool & marina area AFTER the race I was approached by all shapes and sexes with the same question.

"Who won???" Several of those same bodies were at the races. When I related sorry I'm not certain I was asked the same thing that I have begged for.

Since the scoring is not rocket science, and computers are all over...WHY can't they have the winner carry a checkered flag in front of the crowd as they used to at Daytona and last years Marathon.

I did manage to tell several heavenly bodies that results will be posted later on internet and I have a laptop..

OHHHH.. Later I discovered why I was asked by so many---I was wearing my Polo shirt with my AMF and OSO iron-on photo transfers making me look like a walking billboard..
Old 07-05-2005, 10:45 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by gdfatha
WHY can't they have the winner carry a checkered flag in front of the crowd as they used to at Daytona and last years Marathon.
I definitely agree. Doesn't make much sense does it? It makes a huge difference to the spectators. We had our spotters on the beach and after the race they were swarmed with people asking who won!
Old 07-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

A pace lap before the race and checkered flags held by the winners after the race would definitly add to the show.

I never understood the lack of a pace lap at SBI races. Both are easy to do, so why not????
Old 07-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Registered

In the eye's of the MOJO.... There was no parade lap nor was the course map correct. I, myself from the hotels 7th floor could not distinguish one boat from another to send any kind of guidance to the boat. The only chance there was to find the correct position was to be in one of the last positions. As I heard on my headset " where are we" nobody knew who was who way down there. I guided them behind the spectators and the race went on. Nobody in the front had a clue. I am sure there is video to show that nobody came off plane to get back on track. I think that should result in pretty equal penalties for most. Doug & Gary where fast and would most likely not have been beat if bad fate had not followed them. I know Hulk had the win either way and that was deserving. May the fastest boat win and deserving penalties be dealt, but if your going to advertise a professional event don't try to have three rings and a side show!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Registered

Just a quick ? if you had them on radio instead of "guiding them" why wouldn't you urge them to shut it down and get back in the race instead of blowing through an area where a boat ,jetski, swimmers or anything might be in the water.

Quick Reply: Sarasota Unofficial results...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.