Jersey Boyz Offshore Gran Prix >

Jersey Boyz Offshore Gran Prix

Notices

Jersey Boyz Offshore Gran Prix

Old 08-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Jersey Boyz Offshore Gran Prix

Let me start by saying this, this was my first offshore Race.
I have been a fan for years and finally had my first opportunity to race in this years event. I want to thank my cousin Scott who owns the Kean University boat for giving me this opportunity. It was my first race and probably my last so I will speak my mind and could care less what you guys think of what I have to say.

I have attended numerous events with numerous sanctioning body's and none personify the the essence of what this sport is about like the Jersey Boys and OPA.
I was welcomed like family by the race teams and immediately felt right at home. The AMF crew is the best thing I have seen hit the offshore circuit in years. The comradery and brotherhood these guys display at the races is second to none.

After spending every waking hour with these guys over the last few days and talking with many racers, I was really pissed to hear some of the BS these guys are putting up with
Smitty and Augie are two of the most genuine, generous guys this sport has ever seen and live breathe eat and sleep it.
They are all about the racers and I saw it first hand this weekend with the tireless effort and great event they put together. Always smiling, always time to chat with anyone and ready to lend a hand with anything needed

I talked to racers who told me they were told by certain people high up in a sanctioning body not to support this race and the Jersey Boys. If this is true, and I have no way of personally verifying it then shame on you Mr Big shot. You know who you are. To the boats that didn't listen to the BS and showed THANK YOU, you get the big picture. For the boats that didn't show because they bought into this political BS shame on you as well.
The turnout was great and the racing was great, but it could have been alot better.

I have nothing to lose so I can say this. If you guys are fans of this sport and want to continue to see it grow, jump on board with the likes of the Jersey BoyZ, OPA and the the whole AMF crew.
They are serious about the sports growth and are ready, will ing, and able to help it. It is a shame that anyone would back stab them in any fashion or form.
This is just one mans opinion and I wish you all safe racing and a great year.
Now I can retire
Old 08-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Jersey Boyz Offshore Gran Prix

Amf And The Jersey Boys Are Top Class Guys
Old 08-13-2005, 10:56 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

It was great to meet up with you SRogers...
Amazing how things can come around full circle with the things we have done 25 years ago and for the Jersey Boyz efforts we meet up again....
From BMX to Racing Boats....
I always like the thought that BMX could stand for Boating Moto Cross... Afterall Offshore Racing has its similarities.

At the end of the awards ceremony there were 2 trophies left standing on the table.

One for SV Class and one for SVL Class.

I don't know about others, but to me it was a sad reminder of all of the promises of those teams that were to be there.

Augie & Smitty, If I can make a suggestion....?

Have those plaques removed and accept them for yourselves for going above and beyond the call of Offshore Duty!!!

Between the both of you, and your AMF sponsor, this local community I am sure was damn happy you pulled this off!!!

I just would like to say THANKS!

A side note:

Anyone that would like to see some of what went on behind the scenes prior to the race, visit www.SharkeyMarine.com to view over 500 photos and some video too.

Listen to the video for what is happening on the VHF in the background. It truely is amazing to see what all goes on to put this race on.
A huge thanks also goes out to the supporting club NJPPC for bringing out so many medical and chase boats to cover 10 miles of beach down to Ortley.
NJOPRA, thank you for your efforts. It did not go unnoticed.

I am sure everyone enjoyed themselves these last few days.

Loan Shark Racing,
Thank you for coming all this way just to support the Jersey Boyz. It was great to finally meet you!

May you all have a safe season from here on out!

God Bless!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 08-14-2005 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SRogers
I have attended numerous events with numerous sanctioning body's and none personify the the essence of what this sport is about like the Jersey Boys and OPA.
I was welcomed like family by the race teams and immediately felt right at home. The AMF crew is the best thing I have seen hit the offshore circuit in years. The comradery and brotherhood these guys display at the races is second to none.
I couldn't agree with this statement more! In my travels as a race fan, and now a team owner, I have never seen a team put as much effort into supporting their own efforts, other teams efforts, fans at large, promoting their OPA circuit, keeping their equipment looking and running top notch, and feeding anyone that's hungry or wants a beer.

Their spirit of "we race where we want to race" should be commended, not penalized. Their efforts in St. Clair added 20-something boats to the overall count for that race, and it sounds like Ortley Beach was also a successful event at a venue with much history. I would have enjoyed racing there and show support for OPA, but work committments didn't let it happen. And the Bozy sure tried to make it attractive for us, too. Unfortunately, I gotta pay the bills.

This sport needs teams that show the dedication to racing like AMF Offshore, OPA Racing, and the Jersey Boyz. They might not always be politically correct, but you gotta love 'em for it!

Thanks Boyz,
Brian

Last edited by p4-33; 08-14-2005 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I remember when half the boats at SBI race`s where the Jerseys Boyz ,(New Orleans) ,

If this is TRUE ,Thats a kick in the NUTS
Old 08-14-2005, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Thank you all for keeping it a live in NJ. You now who you are and Thank you! AMF you are out of this world with kindness and I wish you well on your new marriage.
MD
Old 08-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love getting feedback from fans like this.....
===========================================
Hi Ron,

My family and I had a wonderful day. We stayed in Point Pleasant and watched the parade of boats out of the inlet. My grandchildren, aged 4 and 7 were totally thrilled as were everyone on the sides of the inlet. There was a father with 2 sons sitting next to us. His boys were probably 10 and 12 and this was the first time they had ever seen the race boats up close. I wish I had taken their pictures for you. They joy and awe was really something to see.

And yes!!!! I was delighted to see Rolling Thunder again! And very glad that they won. Thanks for keeping me posted regarding the events and times. If I lived closer, if I didn't work in NYC I would have participated in many of the events, but, please know that we are still basking in the afterglow of seeing these beautiful machines leave the inlet, gun it at the end and race around the jetty. It was also great to see one of the winners take a slow cruise back to the inlet waving his flag! We were waving back!

Just a great day...in the words of my family...Awesome!

Thanks,
Nancy

I don't know why you left Point Pleasant. My guess is that they wanted too much money to host you. Definitely their loss. The place was practically a ghost town as compared to years ago.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Great Letter. That's what it's all about!