Is This True Part 2 ??????

Notices

Old 08-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is This True Part 2 ??????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That Offshore Boat Racing Is Turning Into A Bunch Of Bull$hit.
Whos Racing With Who, Who Charges More Money Bla Bla Bla.
All This Bull$hit Back And Forth Is Just Pushing People Away From The Sport.
Its Sure As Hell Pushing Me Away, Its All Drama.

NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH WAT I WROTE ITS THE TRUTH, AND IT AINT MAKING THE SPORT LOOK GOOD, I MIGHT BE YOUNG BUT I HAVE MY APINION AND I THINK ITS THE TRUTH.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said Team Gallagher. We need to unite all the p class racers. No other organization wants P racers anyway. There is no other place to race your boat. At a recent SBI race, I happened to be talking to an OSS racer. They stated that SBI was where all the non.professional racers were and OSS was for professionals. I took a personal affront to that statement having raced offshore before ALL of the OSS racers knew what an offshore boat was. I'm sure the Instigator team wouldn't have cared for that statement either. We can't have this bickering within our own organization. Sure mistakes will be made[North Carolina} is an example. But what would you have JC do? To admit the scorers made an error would have been far worse than the ruling they handed down. Everyone who ever broke out after that would complain about a scoring error. I know it's hard to swallow when a struggling team loses a $1,000 for their win but something good will happen to correct it. Not everyone will always be happy with every ruling but we shouldn't trash our own organization. We have something pretty good that doesn't cost a great deal of money to run, so lets use it wisely to keep it going. Like I said, it may not be the best thing since sliced bread but it's all we have.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Registered

Wink Re: Is This True Part 2 ??????

Chris, take it easy. Most of these posts are not even by racers. They are only on here to stir up the pot. I know you really wanted that last win but everyone knows you won. Losing the $1,000 hurts but it won't kill you. You could have lost an engine or outdrive and that would have been far worse.
I lost money too but for the good of our organization I let it slide. Keep on plugging, you'll probably win New York. Good luck.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Registered

Chris,

Please understand I'm not accusing you of being unsportsmanlike, but others may interpret it that way especailly with some of your other posts. Also, propagating the B.S. is not professional and is in itself detrimental to the sport. Let the others speak their mind, just as you can, but don't fall victim to the B.S. you're trying to stop.

Also, don't let the B.S. push you away. I feel we've got one of the strongest classes in all of racing...each race I get to know another P5 team and we become more and more like family while we meet more folks interested in racing themselves because they can relate to us and our boats. Some folks have recently referred to the P-classes as "feeder classes", and that's their opinion. I unfortunately don't have the time and money to get into one of the spec classes, but I will challenge anyone to "step down" to our class and let's see where we all finish.

I'm sure we all struggle in this sport, but just at different income and expense levels. Ignore the B.S....focus on racing!

Sean

Last edited by TGOR; 08-28-2005 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:43 AM
Registered

Ok Im Going To Try And Post One More Time On This Thread And Be Done With It.
1st The North Carolina Thing Is Done I Talked To John C Done And Over With, U Guys Who Got The Brake Of 5th Place Points Should All Pick Up Your Phone And Thank Him.
2nd Im Young I Love Racing And Probally Not Going To Give It Up Even Though The Bs Gets To Me, I Once Was Told Bye K,b That Its A Addiction And Youll Love Doing And Not Want To Give It Up,thats The Truth.
3rd Just Trying To Get A Point Across To People That It Is Not Worth Bad Mouthing The 2 Org Because Thats All We Have And Its Better Than Nothing.
4th I Started This Hole Thing Because At The Beggining Of The Season Mark Henderson Donated His Trailor For The Season, I Then Put His Boat On My Trailor And Have Been Working On His Boat For Free At My House And Selling It, I Found A Buyer Brought Him To The Pits Gave Him Shirts And Had Him Go To The Race, In The Process Of Finishing The Boat And Making A Sale, I Tried To Get Him To Go To Key West Or St Pete For The Worlds To Get Alittle More Involved, He Stated He Wants To Save His Money To Race As Many Races Next Year. Ok So I Showed Him Offshoreonly Because He Wanted To Start Meeting Racers And Get To Know More And After All The Bs That Has Been Going On This Last Week He Has Changed His Mind To Using The Boat As A Pleasure Boat.
5th- Im Now In The Process Of Changing His Mind To Come And Race Next Year, And I Came On Here To Try To Stop All The Bs So It Doesnt Push People Away From The Sport

Was Not Intended To Ster Anything Up
Old 08-28-2005, 06:47 AM
Registered

Chris,

Stay the course and do your best to get the boat and owner ready for next year. You made your point and have tried to explain yourself twice, you cant control what others are going to post . Some will stir the pot no matter what you are tring to say. Good luck with your program and we all hope to see you soon, if its this year or next.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Registered

Chris you are experiencing what most racers has experienced in the course of their career, The fix thus far is to start a New racing body. It happened in the 80s it happened again in the 2000s You see how that ended up. The only advice I can offer is to try and ignore the BS. and enjoy your racing activities After it is all abour the fun right? I think the Jersey bozs have it right...... Oh one more thing STOP ALL THE CAPITAL LETTERS IT IS HARD FOR US OLD GUYS TO READ
Old 08-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Its people like IRACE that throw the jab then back off and say lets all be friends. Comments like,( they said we were all non professional racers). What does that have to do with this thread?
Chris I understood your post quit clearly and what you were trying to say!!! I don't see how ANYONE could read it as a negative post against any sanc. body. Thats why this racers milling area is so hard to follow unless you know everybody's personalities. To an outsider reading this it must be imposable to follow any of it or trust a word any of us write. The milling area has become a defensive place for most people to try and correct other peoples comments. ITS A REALLY BAD MOUSE TRAP!
MD
Old 08-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Wrong again Mark. Its all the BS on here.
MD
Old 08-28-2005, 05:22 PM
VIP Member

Chris, KB was right. It is an addiction. Race for the love of it. The conversations we have had all week were to try and help you keep your focus. Anthony and I race soley for the love of the sport. Can it be better, or worse? Sure. Stay out of the political arena, And just be the DUKES we love. You have come a long way in just a year. Who know what the future holds for you. My opinon may not mean anything to you, But I for one am proud of you and your team. At your young age you show more professionalism than many of the teams out there. Now have a great vacation, and see you in NYC.....Smitty