Notices

Isnt it funny?

Old 09-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: Isnt it funny?

Well guys,It is what it is in P class and its not going to change for a while. This is exactly why I prefer to race in a spec class. There are no excuses if you get your a$$ kicked!
! Remember P should stand for pleasure If you expect anything more than you should move up to a spec class. If you want rules you know where you have to go if your serious
MD
Old 09-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Well guys,It is what it is in P class and its not going to change for a while. This is exactly why I prefer to race in a spec class. There are no excuses if you get your a$$ kicked!
! Remember P should stand for pleasure If you expect anything more than you should move up to a spec class. If you want rules you know where you have to go if your serious
MD
Got any 525s laying around?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:59 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MD
Old 09-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MD
Although I'm still fairly new to racing and do enjoy racing in a P class, what concerns me about moving to a spec class is how the fastest boats seem to be penalized. Take the post about Instigator and Spiderman for example....adding 750 lbs "penalty" to Spiderman? It would seem that if Spiderman (Skater) is the one to beat, then the other teams (manufacturers) need to go back to the drawing board.

Maybe someone could explain to me how some spec class boats follow the rules to the T then are penalized because they're faster than anyone else in the class? I would hope that if you follow the rules, you should not be penalized...whether in a spec or P class.

Bottom line...each class has it's pros and cons...find a class that suits your desires (and budget) and get out there and race!

BTW...I'm serious about my racing.

Sean

Last edited by TGOR; 09-13-2005 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,727 Likes on 3,793 Posts

It is sort of like Nascar, I hate to use that analogy, but when say chevy has a dominating car they find a way to slow it down, or the rest of the pack to catch up. this is to have a more captive audience. and draw on the suspense of who will win.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:35 AM
Registered

TGOR,
In our class in "06" (OSSV), we have all agreed to a maximum gear ratio, regardless of the type of drive, of 1.50:1.

In my opinion, I think this will help even things up, and Spiderman can drop the weight back off.

Ray, Fury #88.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Sean, The question to me would be if you did your homework and you were within all the rules and you could kick butt why would you show all your cards and whip on the rest of the fleet knowing you might in-cure a weight penalty for the rest of the season?
Also I know you are very serious about racing your P5 boat and seem to be OK with the rules. Racing in P class is (PLEASURABLE) for you. Good luck with the rest of your season.
MD
Old 09-14-2005, 07:56 AM
Gold Member

Here we go again we continue to bash one another again on every frickin issue. Who here hasnt raced in a open cockpit boat at one point or another in P class and Local classes in their racing careers. Lets respect one another because you never know who will be in turn 1 one day. If P class racing isnt serious then ask Bruce Seroff, Smitty, Augie, Pitman Photo, Kevin from Outlaw, Bill Gazell and myself how much money is spent in motors, drives etc to make a $1000.00 purse race.

Last edited by MIAMIBOYZ; 09-14-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:32 AM
Registered

Smile Re: Isnt it funny?

Amen, Amen & Amen. I have raced just about every class that offshore class racing ever had. To me, P class racing is the hardest. The reason is that you have to be able to beat the other boats without going over your speed classification. P class rules say you can go up to 7 mph over your avg. speed. Try it sometime, see it you break out.
As far as the money spent on your boat, there isn't any difference in the cost. The only saving is going less miles per race, less of an entry fee but less winnings that the other classes. Nobody is getting rich racing, heck I've been doing it so long just for the love of racing and meeting folks from every walk of life from the super rich to the guys just trying to start their careers. I have to say it's been an interesting 30 plus years, and we're still having fun. That was a great post Albert, see you in Deerfield Beach.
Let's all have some fun, after all when the fun stops so does your racing.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Registered

This thread is getting way off topic. it was Directed toward one boat's actual speed to why P-class is a serious class.

So....I'll add my 2 cents

I think P-class is, and always be an important part of racing in one form or another. Yes, some P-class racers do take it seriously (very seriously). And they should. As Albert said, we dump just as much, if not more money into these boats. For what? The joy and excitement of competition. Certainly not the payout.
There are many differences between P-class and Spec class. But we are all equally passionate about what we do.
Randy has always told me, if i had bought a boat with a blue motor in it, at the start, I would still be at that boat with little money out of pocket. And I agree 100%. With all the blown motors and drives that I sustained, I could be in an SVL two times over.
But, we cant see into the future and we dont know where we will be in years to come.
As a P-class racer, and also a Spec class racer I can honestly say, If I had 100K to plop down on a F-1 or 150k on a SVL, I would. But I, as many of you, dont have that kind of ching. So, we work with what we have and make the best of it. It may cost more over time, but its the only way we can afford it. We take it seriously and we do what ever we have to, to be competitive. In P-class, we can increase or decrease power to fit in a class. While spec classes have to work with certain criteria to make their spec motors and boats perform at peak, without being penalized. Both equally time consuming.

If P-class was non existant, I would have never gotten the opportunity to get the taste, and eventual addiction of offshore racing. I may also have a 1/2 million dollar house (thanks Smitty )

bottom line ..we need P class. We only need a more efficient and accurate way to monitor speeds, to keep it fair.

Quick Reply: Isnt it funny?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.