Notices

Great Lakes Racers

Old 12-19-2005, 09:56 PM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Great Lakes Racers

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Are you guys lookin to do a race on Lake Erie? Cleveland, Sandusky or Toledo area? I dont know anybody but I know people who know people. I can help get the word out that your lookin for help if ya like ....
Maybe even Eastlake, Fairport Harbor, Mentor, or Geneva. Silvercup series or GLOPRA has run in all of these before
Old 12-20-2005, 07:37 AM
Race Fast, Race Safe!!!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ScottB
S.O.B

No, no, no, I said the rescue boat, not me.

You guys know we will be there for ya.
Just let us know when, and where, and we will figure out how. If I can swing it (and I think I can), I will even try to get a team or so out to the east coast to help out there as well (at least me and the boat can make it).
Old 12-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Registered

Re: Great Lakes Racers

its been 3yrs for me not being in a race I'm getting my knee replaced in feb, and the boat needs a bulkhead replaced and I am getting some new steering inside hyd 2'' shorty drive , so if I am in good shape by spring AND the boat count me in. ps is there a cape race again smitty and thank you ! art
Old 12-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Registered

Smitty, Hope all is well, You can count on me to have a boat for the new season. If I cant buy one in time I will find a team that needs a sponser. Either way I'll be on the water with you.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DavidRaabe
Smitty, Hope all is well, You can count on me to have a boat for the new season. If I cant buy one in time I will find a team that needs a sponser. Either way I'll be on the water with you.
Uh... did he say he's looking for a team that needs a sponsor?

Smitty, hats off to you and the OPA Boyz for pulling this together. I can't tell you (and thank you) how much John Haggan has done to help the P-Class guys keep racing. And now a Super-V team, as well! The AMF Offshore Team, OPA staff and the Jerzey Boyz are doing some awesome things to keep our sport alive. And the "other" Ed Smith... welcome aboard.

Once some minor details are finalized over the winter, you can count on seeing the P4-33 Konrad/Fountain of Youth Team racing in our back yard, and yours.

Ok, so spill it! We'd like to see some sites and dates...

Thanks for everything,
Brian
Old 12-22-2005, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidRaabe

Sponsor ??? Hmmmmmm
Old 12-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm checking it all out and considering trying this stuff...
Looks like I have a P4 boat and could be fun. I'm just an ol motorcycle drag racer who know very little about this sport but I've been racing something for the last 30yrs. May as well be a boat!
I'm asking lots of dumb questions... reading rule books... looking at schedules... adding up fees and memberships ect.
Who knows... maybe Underdog Racing will be back in business w/out the wheels under me?
You got a schedule yet?
Am I reading the OPA info right? no entry fees, no membership fees and no equipment reg fees???
I think that's freekin awsome! I think I'm in... new (to me) boat, untested... I hope it's a good one.
Mark

Last edited by Underdog88; 12-24-2005 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Underdog88
I'm checking it all out and considering trying this stuff...
Looks like I have a P4 boat and could be fun. I'm just an ol motorcycle drag racer who know very little about this sport but I've been racing something for the last 30yrs. May as well be a boat!
I'm asking lots of dumb questions... reading rule books... looking at schedules... adding up fees and memberships ect.
Who knows... maybe Underdog Racing will be back in business w/out the wheels under me?
You got a schedule yet?
Am I reading the OPA info right? no entry fees, no membership fees and no equipment reg fees???
I think that's freekin awsome! I think I'm in... new (to me) boat, untested... I hope it's a good one.
Mark
I talked with Smitty the other day and asked the same questions. I do believe that they will have a 1 time equipment fee of $500.00 , but other than that...no hidden charges... Its free, until you break something
Old 12-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

OK. I printed the forms off of their website, altho they say 2005, and on the equipment reg. form under fee it says (free).

Either way I'm just about to jump into the game.

In fact it's 52 degrees in Ohio today, I may have to head to the OH river, which isn't hard yet, in the next few days to test this new boat out. I'd hate to wait until spring to find out something isn't right.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Woo Hoo!!! Mark, thats awesome!! Let me know when/where you decide to make your start. Ill get a gang of Ohioians together to come root you on!!

Quick Reply: Great Lakes Racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.