Notices

Bounty Hunter Offshore/ McManus Offshore DVD Review

Old 12-28-2005, 08:42 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bounty Hunter Offshore/ McManus Offshore DVD Review

I have to share tonight's experience with all fellow racers and fans. Just got home from a gathering of friends and family to celebrate "Bounty Hunter's 2005 Road to Key West".
As most of you know, this was Mike McManus and family's first year in offshore racing with the ultimate goal of racing in Key West. A desire of his from 10 years ago, Mike achieved his aspiration with the fortitude and perseverance that is required by anyone who races offshore.
Awards of support were handed out to notable members of OSO that included, Rmbuilder, Jpclear and RLW.
The Bounty Hunter team has produced a video that is worthy of honorable mention. Those in attendance were awed by the production (although in it's early stages) presented on the big screen at a long standing local establishment serving libations and grog.
Images of Wazzup, AMF and Pensa's 38' Italian Delicatessen (breathing down Bounty Hunter's transom) were presented in true Offshore Racing style.
I have to say, it was a fine way to end 2005 with hopes of continuation in 2006.

Last edited by RLW; 12-28-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bounty Hunter Offshore/ McManus Offshore DVD Review

GO Bounty Hunter !
Attached Thumbnails Bounty Hunter Offshore/ McManus Offshore DVD Review-bountyhunter_e8o2363.jpg  
Old 12-29-2005, 06:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So when do I get mine??? Beautiful Family, great team, pain in the a$$ boat to catch...even in rough water. Congrats to your entire team Mike and I'm glad you were able to fulfill your dream. Happy Holidays. Augie
Old 12-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Registered

Mike and family--Congrats on your first year. Good luck to you in 2006. Thank you for the picture, I had to remove a couple of Ed's picture to put yours on the shelf in my office. ha ha ha Thank you again and I hope to see you and your entire family in St.Clair for 2006 race season. Happy Holidays and be safe BUT have FUN. From the Traffic Light crew and Rivers Bend Marina, Inc
Old 12-29-2005, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

Great team, Met them for the first time in St Clair. There are a number of teams up your way, that need to get off their trailers. Lets Shake up the Great lakes. Smitty
Old 12-30-2005, 07:31 AM
Race Fast, Race Safe!!!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
There are a number of teams up your way, that need to get off their trailers. Lets Shake up the Great lakes. Smitty

I agree. I got an itch to put some miles on a particular motorhome and boat.
Attached Thumbnails Bounty Hunter Offshore/ McManus Offshore DVD Review-rescue-boat-motor-home-smaller.jpg  
Old 01-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Bounty Hunter A-4
Gold Member

RLW,
Thanks for the kind recognition and your continued enthusiasm! Had a great time at the party and really glad you, RMBuilder, and JPClearman could make it.

Augie/Smitty, Will shoot you a copy of the DVD when it is finished (showed the beta version last week). You both have cameo appearances, among others from AMF and the Jersey Boys. Forgettaboutit.
You've inspired us to make another run at it next year! Only this time with OPA

All, We did accomplish our goal of racing at the worlds. My wife and I eloped to Key West 10 years prior at the Worlds and racing there on our anniversary was truly surreal. I considered us one of the biggest underdogs going into the "big show"; smallest boat (P4), single engine, 1st ocean race, shoestring budget, and probably the least combined racing experience of our class. The biggest thrill was capturing 3rd place by only ~2 ft on the last day in a dog-fight with Lulu's (Bob and Ben, you guy rock! Hell of a race!)
Literally 100s of folks to thank and I will get to you all eventually, hopefully at the races next year.

I'd be happy to get those interested a copy of the Bounty Hunter documentary. It's pretty cool with ~50 minutes of on-board camera shots, Helicopter shots, wrench'n, partying, and assorted near-death experiences (ever had a flying condo nearly fall on you?). Shoot me your address and I will try and fill all requests ([email protected]). We will also post updates on the Website when available (www.bountyhunteroffshore.com)

Thanks again to all who have helped us and if you see us at the races next year, please stop by and introduce yourself.

Cheers
Mike McManus
Attached Thumbnails Bounty Hunter Offshore/ McManus Offshore DVD Review-nve00019-rotated-sm1.png   Bounty Hunter Offshore/ McManus Offshore DVD Review-sponsor-sm1.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 01-02-2006, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mike THANKS for giving The Jersey Boyz and OPA a PLUG on your website, that's GREAT BRO. but what's even cooler is the photo Of The Flying Condo on your site. Your a CLASS ACT BRO.