Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
A Positive Thread of what changes need to be made in Offshore Racing??? >

A Positive Thread of what changes need to be made in Offshore Racing???

Notices

A Positive Thread of what changes need to be made in Offshore Racing???

Old 12-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A Positive Thread of what changes need to be made in Offshore Racing???

Up until the mid nineties there were ALOT of great boats and teams from Long Island...seems like thier is a revival going on up there for 2006.There has to be many,many boats that could be raced...do you know what other teams plan on racing in OPA this season?What about FEVER and the original INSTIGATOR?
Old 12-31-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

Default Re: A Positive Thread of what changes need to be made in Offshore Racing???

get every body back under one body of racing . and get the 525 OUT of sv go back to real motors .
Old 12-31-2005, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blastersbro
the original instigator ran an opa race last year in p-2 point pleasant i think they won.fever will run a few this year with bravos,they retired the trs junk.

Is the 26ft Corsa "Tabu" still around up there?
Old 12-31-2005, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

there are 10 year old boats still winning in O S S! low cost competetion,,OSS is it. sorry if you dont agree but we all need to be under lids. We want everyone around for a long time
mike
Old 01-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Registered

Dennis,

Great thread....

A lot of what is being brought up are quick fix's...

SCRAPMAN...I have not heard a negatived response to your suggestion...and its an easy fix...I know SBI/APBA will be proposing the ECM's being passed out at races for 2006 at there meeting in Jan. has this been put up as a vote in OSS...if so thats a quick fix...

The P Class's changing to A,B,C,D should not be hard to do if the racers agree on it...its OPA and SBI/APBA that are running these class's, someone should bring it up to Smitty and see if the OPA racers are OK with it and do the same at the SBI meeting...

I think both the racers and the fans would like to see everyone race as one...or at least not 2 races on the same weekend...but this one may take a while.....

The good thing is the racers are having a say in a lot of the rules aspects...which is what they wanted...

Gordo....I agree, If your going to have inspections and you want to call it racing, your tech inspections need to be that..looking for cheating...its been going on in all types of racing forever...and the day the inspections are not eqaul and the inspectors start looking the other way or show favortism is when you loose the respect from the fans and the sport.

The TV was great back a few years...and the true test is...when you can produce a racing event that has excitement, the viewers will watch it and you will have sponsors follow. It may be that there is so much on the Organizations plate at one time its hard to prioritise and make everything happen and also keep everyone happy at one time

Last edited by MANITIE; 01-01-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,645 Likes on 3,773 Posts

Of things that need to change the various organazations need to have a more interactive websites, potential sponsors and many fans would like to see continueous coverage and updates. Team news, race site news should be updated weekly, this will give more insight for sponsors looking at what advantage sponsoring a offshore race team could produce, if it is weeks and sometimes months how would this favor any sponsor???
Old 01-01-2006, 01:18 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pete B,

Very good post as well. I think all the organizations across the board should use a site like that. When a team gets a sponsor it should be treated properly for there term of investment in the sport maybe on which ever website the organization has. Not all over the site but at least under the race team pages of a site. Plus each organization should find someone that has true marketing skills to help the sponsor get what they need though that organization. To many sponsor have been. To many sponsors have been lost or burned badly do to poor treatment either by the teams or the organizations. Key is to get the sponsor no matter how big or small and keep them around for a long duration.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete B
Of things that need to change the various organazations need to have a more interactive websites, potential sponsors and many fans would like to see continueous coverage and updates. Team news, race site news should be updated weekly, this will give more insight for sponsors looking at what advantage sponsoring a offshore race team could produce, if it is weeks and sometimes months how would this favor any sponsor???
Pete,

I agree. A web site with old or outdated info quickly becomes boring, and not to mention, somewhat useless.

I do like what SBI/APBA has done with their web site, however, it could be updated a little faster with other articles of race venues or teams, but I also know that could be a full time job for someone at SBI/APBA between writing articles and getting them posted to the web site. Nonetheless, SBI/APBA allows us to have a team web site listed under our team info. I expect SBI/APBA to take care of their sponsors, and likewise, I'll take care of mine. So with the new season, we'll be developing our own web site where we can post timely info on our team, the race venues and sponsor info.

Sean
Old 01-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

pete, this week check out peppersracing.com for our new web site for racing and nightclubs. There is video,audio, pictures, links, and working to get talkoffshore.com to broadcast on racedays through our website with real time downloads this year during races. looks very cool
mike stancombe
peppers racing
Old 01-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,645 Likes on 3,773 Posts

Great input from you guys, would updating be a full time job, YES it is,
but to take this sport to the next level where ever that may be, this is what would be required, just as the organazations must ensure thier sponsors are satisfied, the organaztions must help promote the teams, They are the show! without the teams the fans will not show, and the teams obligation to to the sponsors is nil.

Last edited by Pete B; 01-01-2006 at 07:28 PM.

Quick Reply: A Positive Thread of what changes need to be made in Offshore Racing???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.