Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
How much cushion in a P boat? >

How much cushion in a P boat?

Notices

How much cushion in a P boat?

Old 01-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How much cushion in a P boat?

underdog just come out to one of the OPA races with no entry fees what do you got to loose? road time and a chance to take in a good weekend of racing and meeting new friends, for it seems that all the racers become a family one way or another when the time arises.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Underdog88,

My two team mates and myself have been racing with OPA for three, going into our fourth season and for the most part it has been a lot of fun. Like Bruce was saying, c'mon out and have some fun! Just don't take it too seriously, for most of us it's a hobby!! When it stops being fun....I'm back to poker runs!

Last edited by TomR; 01-04-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

We'll be there one way or another, racing or spectating. Last year was the first year in the past 19 we havn't be racing. What we miss most is the "family" of friends we used to meet once a month in a different state. Like a band of gypsies or carnies...

Underdog Racing was our team name and still is my business name. I still build some performance bikes on the side. I'd like to see it down the side of my boat.

Here is a couple shots of our past life. The first was a magazine ad when we raced for Yamaha 2001-2004. The second was our Alltel Pro-Superbike 1998-2000.

Once it's in your blood... you guyz know the deal...
Attached Thumbnails How much cushion in a P boat?-mag-ad.jpg   How much cushion in a P boat?-image006.jpg  

Last edited by Underdog88; 01-04-2006 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Registered

TomR, that's why I got out. It quit being fun. I finally got a factory ride, getting paid to race. TV comercials, mag interviews ect. Every racers dream. But it took the fun out of it so I pulled the chute! Hardest thing I've ever done but, I still think it was the right choice.

He is one shot of my daughter at age 16 running an 8 second dragster
Attached Thumbnails How much cushion in a P boat?-image002.gif   How much cushion in a P boat?-image004.jpg  

Last edited by Underdog88; 01-04-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Registered

I have alot of experience with public relations, promoting events and with marketing partnerships (never use the word "sponsor") It means "handout" in the corp world...

Here is a shot of a bike show we put on in a shopping center parking lot the Friday before a race weekend. We brought out some race teams, radio station remote, band, local beer distrib. gave away tickets to the race and other prizes. It went very well. This place was packed that night when the band played. This was taken early on and only shows half of the display area. We set it up in front of an Alltel store and got the other biz owners in the plaza involved. Hooked a practice tree to one of my race bikes and let people sit on it and "cut a light". Then we gave away weekend passes to the winners. We got people to the track who never would have came otherwise.

So maybe if we don't end up racing right away we can get involved in some other form. I like the way things are going with OPA. From an outsider looking in, you guys got it goin on!

Keep up the good work!
Attached Thumbnails How much cushion in a P boat?-image006.jpg   How much cushion in a P boat?-image004.gif  

Last edited by Underdog88; 01-04-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Registered

Yikes... I just reread all that crap. Sounds like I'm bragging...
Just wanted you guys to know where I'm comming from. Even tho this boat stuff is all new to me, racing is not. Sorry if it comes across wrong.
I'm just a guy like you guys who wanna have fun. Thats all....
Mark

Last edited by Underdog88; 01-04-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark, you haven't put up enough photos. Keep them coming. Your NOT BRAGGING, your proud of what you've done...NO? I for one would love to see MORE Photos and hear the stories. Thanks for Sharing Bro.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

In my case it will be ballz to the wall as I'm sure I have no cushion. Mainly worried about being in the way at this point or breaking my new boat and pizzin my wife off
underdog

What he said
Man it sure looks like fun
Attached Thumbnails How much cushion in a P boat?-goumada.jpg  
Old 01-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey tomcei...where'd you get that picture from??
Old 01-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Underdog,
Go for it! you've obviously got the need for speed and the nuts to do it. As far as what Mark was saying about backing off it can happen to anyone, dial you're boat in to run the max for you're class, you get the right water and light on fuel and you could break out, it can happen. Is it an embaressment? I think not, it's part of the program. Every dog has it's day(no pun intended). Racing last year at Camden with the OPA was the best time I've had in years. This year we will be at every event, wouldn't miss it for the WORLDS lol.

Good Luck,
Louietherigger-Strictlybusiness

Quick Reply: How much cushion in a P boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.