Notices

OPA speed brackets

Old 01-15-2006, 10:18 PM
TKO
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OPA speed brackets

Everything posted just amplified what I'm saying (and thats not addressing human error). Consider what the spectators thought at the worlds when the P-class raced. It doesn't matter what the system of scoring is at, S/F line if your not taking in the difference the boats travel you cannot calculate average speed. Also, you can't tell if some boats are exceeding their " Bracket Break out" Top Speed. The current system discourages deck to deck, close, competitive racing, while it rewards break outs in real average, or top speed. The further outside you run the greater your average speed, why penalize the competitive racers? Top end speed restrictions are the only way to control and police the p-class and have exciting races, by the racers, for the spectators enjoyment. in boat, G.P.S is the only way currently for easy cost effective accurate and competitive races the control has to be on board the boat and not on land. There is enough disparity just in length, power and hull type. We need to make P-class as competitive as possible and help the class grow.I may have a favorable solution to consider I'll post it on another thread .

Walt