2006 Factory 1 - SBI/APBA Results >

2006 Factory 1 - SBI/APBA Results

Notices

2006 Factory 1 - SBI/APBA Results

Old 02-03-2006, 02:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Factory 1 - SBI/APBA Results

Well, been waiting for Frank to fill everyone in on the meeting minutes, but I'll give it a stab.

Many changes were proposed and ultimately few were adopted. The changes that were approved by the Board of Govenors should give Factory 1 Class some help, while Factory 2 class was voted to be removed from the rule book with no teams in attendance.

The Factory 1 rule book will now allow Mercury HP 500 EFI motors after dyno testing and sealing at Innovation. Innovation built 500 motors as well as Crockett built motors are also legal as long as they are dyno tested and sealed at Innovation. This will allow current F1 boats with Innovation 425 motors to have the ECM upgraded to a 500 with minimal cost. Additionally rule changes regarding factory stock interiors has been changed to allow for the Warlock boats with the pod interiors.

Minimum weight for all boats has been raised from 4500# to 4700# which should also help some of the older heaiver boats compete.

There are several old F1 boats that are now eligible to race, it would be nice to see them back on the race course.

Of other note, Kevin Brown, Chief Referee stated that if the boat count did not improve that F1 boats will be placed in P4 class. When asked to clarify it was agreed that if there are 2 or less F1 boats attending a race they will race P4 class and no F1 points will be awarded for that race.

Your 2006 Factory 1 Representatives are Steve Kildhal, Velocity VR1 and Frank Sarro, xtreme racing. Please contact them with any questions I am sure they will anwser all questions as well as encourage new boats to come out.

The rule book has yet to be posted so the above could still be subject to change.

Brian
Old 02-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Registered

Default Re: 2006 Factory 1 - SBI/APBA Results

Brian, That about summed it up? there are a few boats sitting around that have no excuses now !!!Hope we can keep this class together,don't really want to race p-class,just to hard to explain to people how a motor yacht just beat you? OLD YELLOR still for sale!!!!! will make someone a smoken deal 410-967-5039
Old 02-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Al,

I spoke to JC and he is looking at the issue with us racing P class. I think you will see a change, and the F1 boats will be racing there class all year. It opens up to many issues jumping from class to class. I'll know in a few days ...
Old 02-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Gold Member

What a poor decision on making you guys run P4 if their is only two boats, so if Callan is runnig by himself then he would be placed with the super cats, c`mon
Old 02-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Registered

Albert,
I think that subject will be re-visited not to worry
I had a good conversation with Jo the other nite and he is tring hard to get some F1 boats out. He also said he has 2 new P5 boat that will be ready for this year. He also is going to be one of the sponsors for the F1 series this year. That give us 5 boat manufactures, good start for this coming year, and it is great to see the manufactures involved again and supporting the class...
Old 02-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Al & Frank, can we get an email list of all F1 that are Racing or Potentially Racing.

Eddie Simmons/potential F1-68 Superboat [email protected]
Old 02-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Registered

It would be good to see some of the old F1 guys come on back out like...Flasewave, Propco and some others ....+ many othes...
Old 02-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Registered

I don't think that the majority of F1 owners opposed having to run P4 if there is not a high enough boat count.

Factory 1 entry fees are $1100 with two boats entered the prize payout is $400 and $200. This opens the door to a team to buy the National Championship.

Factory 1 boats will be competitive P4 boats and will get a chance to race against a bigger field for less cost, with the chance of actually winning some money. Those events where more F1 boats turnout will be more exciting if the national points have to be earned.

Brian
Old 02-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
He also said he has 2 new P5 boat that will be ready for this year.
Frank,

I don't want to hijack your post, but do you know where his P5 boats will be running? SBI/APBA? OPA? Both?

Thanks,

Sean
Old 02-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Registered

Sean,
When we spoke the other nite he said they would be racing SBI/ APBA .
I can try and find out some more info.

Quick Reply: 2006 Factory 1 - SBI/APBA Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.