I hope the powers to be can take another look at this >

I hope the powers to be can take another look at this

Notices

I hope the powers to be can take another look at this

Old 02-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hope the powers to be can take another look at this

I hope we can all just step back for a second and take a good look at the latest decisions on the Worlds....

From what I'm reading and that's not always the truth....
It has been decided that there will be 2 Worlds again this year...and that I can understand...both sides could not come to agreement....

But can we look at the positive side of having them on different weekends...

1. As you can already see from posts...the fans are not happy already with 2 Worlds but are even more pissed by having to choose which to go to....
2. The city of Destin would benifit more if they were on different dates becasue for one, you would have more fans show, more racers show which means more revenue for the town. Even if its only 5 more boats... every boat helps any Organization....
3. It helps all the sponsors to have as many people attend as possable....
4. Its also a good thing when you have race teams that are willing to support as many Organizations as possable....at one time, it was there just wasn't enough racer out there...now there are over 110 race teams out there...and as we seen with OPA they tried not to conflict there schedules with other Organizations.....

I'm not taking sides here....just trying to make sence on whats right for the fans, sponsors and the towns willing to host these races and put aside the politics....

If we really want to look to the furture of this spot...and we know OSS and SBI/APBA are going to run there own races...thats fine....but who really is winning.... racing on the same weekends....

I hope the powers to be can take another look at this....you have racers out there willing to support you along with fans that are willing to spend money to support both Organizations....can we at least get a chance to do both....

Last edited by MANITIE; 02-25-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I hope the powers to be can take another look at this

Originally Posted by MANITIE
If we really want to look to the furture of this spot...and we know OSS and SBI/APBA are going to run there own races...thats fine....but who really is winning racing the the same weekends....
NO ONE NOT THE RACERS,THE TOWNS AND CERTAINLY NOT THE FANS
Old 02-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino,

You will be some interesting information posted on the SBI/APBA web site shortly that might help you understand better...
Old 02-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Gino,

You will be some interesting information posted on the SBI/APBA web site shortly that might help you understand better...
that should not matter, sometimes you have to think about what is best for the sport rather than what's best for the individual. It takes a big man to think that way. Gino inspite of what they say you are a smart man
Old 02-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Registered

I agree and it is time for OSS to step up and be the big man...
Old 02-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Frank , GET OVER IT......OSS wanted to go to KW, thay had worked on it since NOV. They had 12 requests that wouldn't be met. They were the same things that made the race happen in 2004. ONE person made the made the final decision. For the better of the sport? Last year SBI changed the qualifying rules weeks before the race to try to get boats to come, it got a few but still not 70. Where were the UIM boats? Where was SPIKE TV? Where was VH1?Where was Hulk Hogan? Were was our nice awards at the Casa Marina? Were were rules upheld? Who ENFORCED what?
Old 02-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
Gino, I really doubt any fans would attend both worlds if they were on different weeks. Who has that kind of time?

Frank, please post the SBI answer when it becomes available. I think we all understand OSS's position. I'd love to hear the SBI side of this story.

What amazes me is that the City of Key West doesn't step in any try to get the biggest bang for thier sponsorship dollars. Seems like Key West is letting several million dollars a year slip through thier fingers by allowing two worlds to take place.
Remember JC lives in KW so I am sure Bill S. and the conch guys trust him. Last year tourists showed and since it was right after the hurricane they probably were greatful for what business they had, I am sure it was hard to guage if it could be better.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Registered

Ryan,

The problem is I guess the CR and OSS couldn't agree on the request OSS had. After the Worlds in 04 they took a look at it and weren't going there again. But I would think you would have to talk to the CR and get the reasons why...

Its a mood point now, OSS have their own Worlds and SBI/APBA has theirs just the way it has been forever. APBA and SBI have always had their own Worlds so I dont see why it is so different now.

OSS is racing their Worlds in a great city and the racers now have a choice, and I don't see it as a bad thing choices in life are good. From the sound of it you weren't to happy with the Worlds in Key West this past year so it give teams like yourself another place to race. You cant make all of the people happy all of the time....

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 02-26-2006 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Registered

Mark,
this is just another round in the pissing match but unfortunately this time OSS is pissing on their own foot.................
Old 02-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,301 Likes on 3,706 Posts

After unsucessfully coming to terms with SBI, the members of OSS (all the racers) voted, Destin ended being their choice. It's done.

Quick Reply: I hope the powers to be can take another look at this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.