Sarasota NEEDS your Help.. >

Sarasota NEEDS your Help..

Notices

Old 04-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please if you have data that can back up your sound levels on your motors that has been certified by the industry, I would like to use the data to prove most performance boaters are UNDER the dB A of 90. Average performance boat is 28-40 feet, under 1000 HP, and can be a performance fish boat, V Bottom, or CAT-Tri Hull, or anything thats floats. Whats the average performance boat these days???

I would like to present to a city board some TRUE FACTS regarding performance boats in regards to sound levels, safety, and OUR right to boat. I need your motor package with sound decimals ASAP..

To many people get the wrong information and a few BOAT HATERS give the wrong information to the people who can make BAD changes for the industry.

The last Sarasota Poker run- I was informed 29 citation had been issued, however, after researching the citations only 3 had been from the poker run participants on record.

Did you attend the last PRI event? Did you get a ticket for parking your RV at Van Wezel or Did you get a ticket for excessive noise, did you get a ticket for parking trailer in lot. If so, please come forward. I think most did not, but the records show 29 citations issued, but I'm researching what they are for. They average on any given weekend 20-25 without any boating event, fishing tournament, poker run in town. So the number increase is no different than any other time. But this man is trying to say it was HIGH and very loud and intrusive to his life...

We have over 15,000 registered boats/trailers and less than 400 parking spots for trailers so something must give. Thats not even talking about all the visitors that are part time and boat all season and register in other states that boat in Sarasota.

Also we have had NO performance boating accident on POLICE records or any kind except ONE jet ski in the past 20 years in Sarasota or Manatee County. Yes, thats right. a jet ski.. Not a GO fast boat at all.. Research is good thing, boaters are safer than cars...

I need all the FACTS about powerboat motors and what the average dB A is. The Florida law states all vessels, a maximum sound level is 90 d B A. So I have called everyone in the industry to get me some FACTS about the motors and what they produce. But I need your help. I cant seem to get answers from the BIG guys, so if you can help, call your Motorguy and see if he can email the number or call me direct. The meeting is on Tuesday at 10am April 18th.

If I can just inform the commissioners of the FACTS maybe they can stop this ONE GUY from continuing to stir up the pot. He is driving me crazy.. He lives on the water and just doesn't want boating in his back yard...Period.. He is a GEM.. Hell I live on the water too and I have rights just like him. He didn't know that performance boats run on the top surface and the sport fish dig deep in the channel. So I have my hands full trying to educate him with some facts.

Heck I don't play tennis SO can I protest tennis players in Sarasota cause the sound bothers me when they hit the ball?? Yes, I can sure try.. But I don't.. Or how about driving my Harley, if he decides he doesn't like me driving by his house every night cause my bike is to loud for him. He can call the police and they can issue me a ticket, BUT what happens when HE tries to have laws changed to FIT his NEEDS.The law on NOISE is in Place, for cars, boats, motorcycles, even outdoor music, heck even your car stereo has a noise law. SO LET THE POLICE do there JOB. And trust ME the police enjoy boaters and they know who the BIG NOISE makers are, and they will and DO give tickets. , DON'T change the law to suit HIM..

If people like me don't stand UP at some local hearings or meetings laws may gets passed before the average boater even buys his or her boat for the season..

As always, your help in getting the proper correct information is appreciated!
Lisa Matthews
941-232-4524
[email protected] my email
Old 04-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sarasota NEEDS your Help..

Lisa, Pierre Major of Promo Pak came to Corpus Christi, TX last year and took many decibel reading from the race and the boats on and around the dock area. You can reach Pierre at: 514-388-2111 and he might be able to provide you some data. Good luck, Ben
Old 04-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I would think CMI or some other header, or exhaust manufacturer would have a self imposed responsibility to maintain their customer base.?.? Go get `em Lisa
Old 04-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks For All The Calls And Info So Far.. Still Trying To Locate As Much Data On Certified Readings. Thanks Guys.. Lisa
Old 04-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Registered

Smile Re: Sarasota NEEDS your Help..

call my friend robert wilkens at Talon @ 941 753 7400 and tell him Jamie asked you to help. He is very helpful and knowledgable.

P.S. anyone needing structural repair, rigging etc- they are very available and interested
Old 04-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

89dbs peppers 36 skater 2x 525s
also a part time resident of sarasota
Old 04-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

What can we do?

we just got the GGB internal mufflers for
the Dangerkitty, who measures the sound?

Send a e-mail to opba, the run is the 22nd.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Call Bob Teague. I'm sure he has some data on this since California is tough on noise and he sells mufflers.